• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Good stuff about the Stelvio...

notasweetman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Guys, I know this is a place to sort issues and air problems and I've added to the pile considerably, but I'd like the chance to swing the see-saw the other way for a moment. Over the 5 years I've been married to the beast the engine's been out 3 times and all the usual stuff's gone on. Near divorce. Got over it. A friend said - 'what if it's finally fixed?'...

So yesterday I got back from a trip to the Misano Moto Gp meet near Rimini in Italy. I live near Stratford-Upon Avon in England. 2850 miles and nary a burp or hiccup to spoil the party. The bike used no oil (my mate's FJR1300 used 1/2 litre), fuel consumption (with K&N filter) was in the high 40's mpg (UK) and the Dunlop RoadSmart 2 tyres were brllliant.

Of our 18 day trip we spent 7 days altogether in the Alps and I wrote this to my mates after the first day. Some of you will relate to this, i'm sure - or at least those of us who don't have handy canyons outside the back door...

Buzzing with the thrill of the ride the previous day I got up early to emails my mates. I wrote what you see below before the Italian computer blue-screened and crashed. I only found the saved draft when I got back last night, so here it is.

[/i]"No *駰ç^?=) coffee in the hotel room to start my day so a quick email to you guys instead in the computer room while everyone else is alseep.

On Monday we went in to the alps. Spectacular riding through spectacular (in the proper sense) scenery. Hotel in the high alps in Megeve less than 5 miles from Mont Blanc. Pitcture-perfect fairy-tale village where our hotel was owned by an English couple who's english base is Stoubridge!

But yesterday. OMG. We went to Val D'Isere (bit of a dump, actually) and then over the Col de l'Iseran, the highest in the Alps - nearly 3000 metres. Lads, you gotta have a go. The only way to tackle the hairpins and climbs was HARD! First and second gear mainly, up in the rev range, head nearly screwed off looking round the bends and the bike on her ear, power up to the next bend and do it all over again. and again. and again. And you're concentrating so hard you don't care that the road surface is crap, or that there are no railings or walls on the outside of bends with 1000 foot drops - you just keep the power on, and ride through the ruts and bumps and only when it's over, when you're at the top, do you have the energy to reflect on what was the single best ride on a motorcycle I have ever had.

And the tyres did it,without drama. Even when occasionally you ride over a patch of snow melt leant hard over, not a twich. And the suspension worked...

And then we descended to another village where we met a German couple driving a bright red Morgan +8, 4 litre V8 which we'd overtaken on the way down. After we had a rest we did the next Col (du Mont Cénis) - not quite so high but still fun. Stopped again to admire the beautiful lake at the top (again, highest lake in the Alps) and the Morgan went by again. Back on the bikes and overtook them again with a cheery wave, then the BIG 42km descent from 3000 metres (4 degrees C) to just 500 here in Italy at the bottom (25C). Again bend after bend etc, but half-way down it 's Italy - and suddenly the roads are smooth and there's Armco and walls and stuff to stop you riding off the edge. Bloody sissies, I tell you.[/i]

Great trip. Great ride.

My Stelvio hasn't been without the odd issue over the years (new alternator and separately a new starter motor) but I took it back to the factory this summer and did 2000 trouble free miles. This included 37 degree heat (and 9 hours on the bike that day) and torrential rain. Never missed a beat! The bike was fully loaded (me, my wife, tank bag, panniers and top box!) and comfortably dealt with everything. This included 2 alpine passes (The Splugen and Petit St Bernard). Only issue I had was excessive tyre wear. Arrived at Calais with steel showing but sorted in Folkestone with a brand new Conti.

The Stelvio has to be the most comfortable and accomplished tourer out there!

:D :D Excellent

I'm with you, yes, some niggles and pain since late 2009 but now fixed and learnt a lot along the way, now just ride it with the occasional wash.

Back