• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GPS Coupling

Guzzi-Leif

Tuned and Synch'ed
Do I have to lift the fuel tank to get access to the GPS power connector?
I have a Stelvio NTX, 2012.

Pics anyone?

I did not have to lift the tank. You will have to take the left panel off (the one secured by an M8 nut and two allen head bolts) and disconnect the turn signal. You will find the GPS plug stuffed up around the ECU and other stuff. The GPS lead is nice an long but it has a terminal for a TomTom so you will probably have to cut that off and make a new connection. Sorry, no photos.

Peter Y.

Thanks a lot friends, there it was!
And: I'm so lucky to have a Tomtom - a snap fit.

Excellent....

While you are in there do your self a favor and fix that rub spot on the harness. Mine had the same problem. Right hand side of your picture where the harness goes by the mount for the coil. The corner of the mount digs into the harness. Not sure if it would ever rub all the way through but I slipped some protection over the harness just to make sure. I just put some zip ties around the harness where it was rubbing. Piece of rubber hose will also do the trick.

Sorry for asking a dumb question (I have only owned my Stelvio NTX for 5 days), is this a power supply for a GPS

AlanNZ said:
Sorry for asking a dumb question (I have only owned my Stelvio NTX for 5 days), is this a power supply for a GPS

There is no dumb questions!
Yes; you are right. And if you've got an TomTom, the connector will fit right in. Else you have to change the connector.
Nice service from the maker!

I'm in the process of wiring in a TPX radar detector which has a 1 amp fuse on the supply line. I am looking for a suitable feed. I was going to loop off the power socket on the dash but wondering if the GPS feed would be a more suitable supply?
Any thoughts.
Alan NZ

AlanNZ said:
I'm in the process of wiring in a TPX radar detector which has a 1 amp fuse on the supply line. I am looking for a suitable feed. I was going to loop off the power socket on the dash but wondering if the GPS feed would be a more suitable supply?
Any thoughts.
Alan NZ

PS I have wired the radar detector into the GPS feed and all seems to be working OK.
When I was poking around under the tank, I didn't see the hot grip wires. Where are these located?
Regards
Alan NZ

Stelvio NTX 2013
Quota 1100ES 1998
Eldorado 1973

Back