• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 12VDC Acc. Cable

Chicago Mark

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I took off the right side cover to the Griso hoping to easily locate the 12vdc connector that's supposed to be their. Am I looking in the wrong location? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Mark

If it is where they are located on the other bikes, lift the seat and look along the right frame rail. Big accessory plug (cigarette lighter size) with a cover.

I'll take off the right engine cover and have another look. From what I understand, it's a switched 12vdc power supply with a 5A fuse. I'd like to attach a rubber covered cigarette lighter socket to it for my GPS and iPhone.

Thank You,

Mark

There isn't an acc plug on my bike so i just wired a leaded plug to battery direct . There is a small uncapped plug for a GPS which is located on the R/H front down tube tucked up tight under the wing panel. It is black with a long bundled lead to reach the dash/Handle bar area ;)

Found It !!!

FYI - your Griso DOES have a switched 12VDC wire harness. Mine was found when I removed the right side tank/engine cover. It's a two wire (Yel+ and Blu-) harness in the frame triangle . It was just tucked in a bit. It has a funky looking green 2 pin 90 degree connector. I cut the connector off and wired up a pair of cigarette sockets to power up a GPS and an iPhone. It's only hot once the bike is running, not with the key on.

I know some don't think the Griso should have a GPS or other stuff wired up. But I love to go places I've not been to before. I also do a lot of Patriot Guard missions and sometimes they end up at a place and/or a neighborhood I simply don't know. Being able to easily glance at a GPS is a lot easier for me than trying to look at street and road signs on the way home.

All the best,

Mark

Chicago Mark said:
I know some don't think the Griso should have a GPS or other stuff wired up.

Really, I must have missed that thread! Has it caused electrical gremlins? (if so, I'll just run mine on batteries.)

IMHO, the 12vdc connection is there specifically for the purpose I have mine wired for. To each there own I guess. I used my TomTom today and when I'm done with it the only thing left on the Griso is the cigarette outlet attached to the handlebar risers and a Ram rubber ball on the handlebar clamp bolts.

Works for me,

Mark

Chicago Mark said:
IMHO, the 12vdc connection is there specifically for the purpose I have mine wired for. To each there own I guess. I used my TomTom today and when I'm done with it the only thing left on the Griso is the cigarette outlet attached to the handlebar risers and a Ram rubber ball on the handlebar clamp bolts.

Works for me,

Mark

No, I agree, I've got my GPS wired into the same connection. What concerned me was that you said some folks are against hard-wiring a GPS. What is their concern - has it caused a problem?

John

John, yes, I know you and I agree on this. In my case someone told me adding electronics and such may not be in keeping with the design and the clean lines of the Griso. The less is more point of view. It's hard to find a Moto Guzzi model that can't be easily modified for short or long distance touring. That's why I added the factory saddlebags, rear trunk and the bigger Griso windscreen.

The new updated Moto Guzzi USA website now even shows the TomTom Rider GPS and the larger Griso windscreen available. Seems the factory agrees adding these things is good as well. :D

Thank You,

Mark

If the TomTom Rider has a small funky 2 pin connector then yes, that's the one I cut off. I have 2 TomTom car GPS units and neither one comes close to fitting the Guzzi oem connector. I like TomTom gps units but have no interest in getting their old Rider unit any. I wanted a standard automotive type cigarette sockets because that's what everything I want to power up comes with. I used a TomTom out to the Illinois Moto Guzzi rally and having it worked out great.

I use this RAM mount so when the gps is off the bike the only thing left behind is a 1" rubber ball with a handlebar clamp bolt going through it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00361 ... 03_s00_i00

I use this simple RAM TomTom gps holder: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MD ... 06_s00_i01

I use this RAM mount to hold my iPhone but it'll hold just about any type of smartphone. I chose this type because I have my iPhone in a Mophie battery case which I also like very much. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Q4 ... 04_s00_i00
The sides are sprng loaded and it has feet to hold the phone. It really does work well.

Here's what the Mophie battery case looks like. It fully recharges the iPhone battery giving me another full charge. I use my phone a LOT for work and often the phone as a hot spot for my iPad, which really drains the battery. http://www.amazon.com/Mophie-Rechargeab ... 648&sr=1-3

All the best,

Mark

That is a good set up and certainly makes the power outlet more versatile. I already had a Tom Tom rider so was pleased to learn a cable/plug was already there. I only found this out after I hard wired one to the battery!

I do think it would have been far more beneficial for MG to include a 12v socket rather than a Tom Tom Rider plug. There must have been a reason for it.

Back