• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GRISO 8v Bars my solution (a bit long winded).

Mark111

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Being of a compact design and construction, ok I’m a short arse, the stretch to my Griso 8v bars has not been ideal.
Having looked at the various options I decided to stick with the stock bar and tailor it to better suit my needs. I do like the leverage provided by the wide bar.
My first adjustment was to slightly reduce the width by moving the grips inboard about 12 mm (1/2 inch) so that the effective overall width is narrower. This is probably the maximum you can manage and still be able to effectively mount the controls. This also allowed me to fit a pair of bar end mirrors and retain the standard bar end weights.

I also felt that a little bit of extra height would be preferable, so after looking at the options I decided to raise the bar risers. You are probably limited to about a max of 25 mm (1 inch) with the stock bar before you start to have issues with wiring, hoses and cables.
With this in mid I decided to experiment with the some spacers fitted between the bar riser and the top fork plate.

After trying a couple of variations on rides I decided that 10 mm was sufficient to suit my preference so I settled on this increase. This obviously raises the overall height and because of the angle of the bar riser also brings the bar back a miniscule amount. This would increase depending on how high you go and if you turn the bar back, which can be done more readily with the extra height.
This small change feels much more significant than you might expect, although the feel would vary depending on the individual.

The most critical thing to remember when experimenting is to ensure you fit the correct length mounting bolt to accommodate the extra length for the spacer. Standard bolts are 45 mm long (I used a 65 mm long bolt and added spacer washers under the head to make up the difference for the extra bolt length.) Now that I have decided on the 10 mm increase in height I will fit 55 mm long bolts to include the additional length needed with the spacer.

So that the end result would fit in with the standard components I sourced a bit of 10 mm Aluminium plate to make the spacers.

As I didn’t have ready access to someone who could cut the item to shape I made the spacers myself. I cut pieces from the plate to the approximate shape and then ground filed and polished them to a finished item. Then end result is not perfect but is good enough to blend in with the adjacent standard parts.
If you know someone in a machine shop or have access to metal cutting machinery, you could probably do in a couple of minutes what took me several hours.

This solution won’t suit everyone but it has proven to be a good result for me and the financial outlay was about $10.

I put some tape on the centre of the bar and marked the position prior to starting, it is a easy reference point when reassembling things.

Mark

Attachments

• DSCF0033.JPG
    DSCF0033.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,345
  • DSCF0103.JPG
    DSCF0103.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,345
  • DSCF0107.JPG
    DSCF0107.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,345
  • DSCF0106.JPG
    DSCF0106.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,346
  • DSCF0109.JPG
    DSCF0109.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,346
very nice mods too :)
Looking at getting a Griso ( 2 valve 1100) but caught in the classic yes/no situation.
one thing that surprised me i could actually sit on the bike too reasonably well.
Current bike is the breva 1100.

Steve

Great post Mark, thank you. Tonight I mounted some adjustable foot pegs I originally purchased for my V11 Sport. I was able to lower my feet about 1.5". If I can increase the length of the foot brake and shifter lever actuating nib, it would be even better. I also thought about moving the stock handlebars. Maybe an inch or so up and back would be good. Your riser spacer idea would be fairly easy to do.

Thank You Sir,

Mark

Hi Mark,

well done and thank you for sharing this with us.
Nice spacers, you have made.
Maybe I'm going to do that too.

Regards.
Ad B

Nice job and thanks for sharing
Looks realy great :woohoo:
I'm blessed with long arm but i can see that the bars are a problem for some.

Back