• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 8V Gutless Mid Range

Texasgoose

Just got it firing!
What is the real deal for this bike?

It has a Mistrall pipe and is totally stock from there. Good bottom end, good top end......no go in the middle. Can it be fixed to smooth out, run stronger in the middle? Without great expense and trial and error? Help appreciated.

Pete,
Sorry to give you the heavy sigh..............I will do better. No DB Killer and whatever map comes with the bike. In Dallas Guzzi specialization or even competency is hard to come by.

Barry

Well, my dealer says there is no "68 map"

I have Mapping 2230G801
Software # MG978406.0

According to the shop any thoughts? Anyone?

Well it's obvious I'm a complete liar who hasn't a clue what I'm talking about.

Or.....

Your dealer doesn't understand the tooling or the machine so it's not surprising your bike runs like a dog.

My bike runs just fine.

Follow the dots......................................................................

To a dealer that knows what they're doing :idea: :arrow:

4173102487_2ff0aeddd2.jpg

Nope. Doesn't exist, sorry. :roll:

4173742268_6e9db9fbcd_b.jpg

Probably told you that the can't be reprogramed either :cry:

Now somewhere, (I have a horrible time finding stuff on this board but that's because I'm stupid.) I wrote up an article I called 'Using Axone for morons and under fives' or some such. Using Navigator is very, very similar. All it needs is to find a shop where they have enough confidence in their own ability to actually USE the tooling. Show 'em my instructions if you like. it MIGHT just help them get a few more satisfied customers.

Pete

Pete,

Many, many thanks for your efforts and guidence on my poochy Guzzi,

Best regards from Dallas,

Barry

Phone MPH In Houston. I know its a bit of a hike but it'll be worth it.

http://www.mphcycles.com/

Skinny, Stumpy and Hairy will be able to get it running sweet as a nut. They've currently got my other shitbox in their tender care and they did all the work on My Scura because not only are they 100% trustworthy but they know their shit. That's the reason they are the second most successfull Guzzi dealer in the USA after Moto International. Yes, there are a host of other really good dealers but there still seems to be a huge disconnect between the number of places that SELL Guzzis and the number of people who KNOW how to work on them. The terrifying thing is if they can't work on a stone-axe simple POS like a Guzzi one has to fear what happens when you extrapolate that lack of care/ability to something more complex!!!!

Hint; If the staff are all squeaky clean, dressed in immaculately pressed and spotlessly clean overalls and the workshop looks like the inside of an operating theatre? Run away! If the staff all look 'presentable' and the workshop looks like 'Work' goes on there? You've probably found the 'Real Deal'. Older blokes with dirt under their fingernails and grey hair are probably a better bet than a 22 year old with a back-to front baseball cap and something that looks like a Hulla-Hoop stuck in the side of his head. Older blokes sometimes do 'Grumpy' :D . Get used to it, we have good reason. But while we are sometimes a bit monosylabic and a bit lacking in 'People Skills' you'll usually find that we know what we're doing and if we do get stuck we ain't afraid to ask our peers. It's a 'Confidence' thing... :lol:

You'll also find that offerings of Beer or similar act as a great 'Lubricant' to social interaction :mrgreen:

Examples of the breed.

Fourhorsemen.jpg

Ignore th photoshop head. He's just some idiot Commie.

Pete

pete roper said:
Skinny, Stumpy and Hairy etc...
Examples of the breed.

Fourhorsemen.jpg

Pete
Hmm... prime Guzzi fettlers, you say? But they are all wearing daft hats (backwards/sideways/anyways), clearly don't have a pair of sound eyes between them, are under the influence of the devil's buttermilk, don't know what are the proper parts of their heads to grow hair from and they display all the cultured poise and sensitivity of a turnip patch.
:silly:

Back