• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso 8V SE Tenni Exhaust

8VSE O-Ren Ishii said:
Thanks for the good feedback Gaurushab - much appreciated!

What do you think of the Skidmarx Hugger? Looks very nice!! Was it easy to install and or did you look at any others for comparison?

Cheers,

Ed

Recommend you search for this issue in this forum. It's been addressed before. If need more, continue the relevant thread or start a new topic, all to avoid confusion.

But, in (partial) answer to your question(s), I have a Skidmarx hugger on both Griso and Norge. No issues yet with one on Griso, but Norge one vibrated apart at CARC-side mount. Sounds bad, but David Cork, who is USA rep had the UK folks send me one almost overnight. Fine since, tho I did beef it up a bit (I have the f/g, not c/f version). Bottom line is I'd buy again anytime.

All of that said, I think these may be more about looks (and they do look good) than performance in any protection sense. If your goal is keeping the monoshock clean (and that's a a worthy goal), get a Traxxion "Shock Sock." <$20 and very effective. http://www.traxxion.com/ventedshocksock.aspx

Bill

I like my Skidmarx hugger. I bought the gloss black fiberglass version about 5 years ago for my first GRiSO 1100. It survived my crash into the elk, so I was able to put it on my second, replacement GRiSO 1100. I took it off when I traded in for the Diavolo Nero and rattle canned it silver and sprayed the mounting brackets with truck-bed liner for the 1200SE.

IMG_20121231_160215.jpg

IMG_20121231_160231.jpg

IMG_20121231_160333.jpg

The trailing edge of it was pretty chipped up, but I just reshaped it a bit by sanding it back a ¼ inch or so. There was some wear on the left side where it had vibrated against the cardan bar on the CARC. The clearance seems to vary from bike to bike and I don't anticipated it rubbing on this bike.

Well done on the rear hugger Porterhouse! Thanks for posting the pics.!That silver paint job of yours looks fantastic on that beaut of a Black Devil! Sorry to hear about your tangle with an Elk. Would you care to share the how,when and where it occurred etc...?

What brand bag holder do you have if you don't mind?

Thanks for the compliment on the hugger, it just keeps on ticking...

I hit the elk up on Chinook pass on 11/1/2008 at about 65 mph, we were on a nice little ride after the WA Guzzi Breakfast that morning. Here's a link with more details.

The bag set up I'm running on the GRiSO currently is the Krauser/Hepco and Becker C-Bow rig but I haven't toured with it yet. Previously I had been touring with the Ventura system, but thought I'd try something new.

New:
SDC10091.JPG

Old:
100_0019.JPG

I kid around a lot about how red is the only proper color for a Griso, but, in reality, do think the matte green was a great choice in many ways, especially on getting the attention of moto-journalists who would have, in "ordinary" livery, given lip service but little else to the Griso.

But, as much as I am so red to my core that I worry about Marxist tendencies :whistle: , the new black & silver SE is absolutely stunning -- especially when improved with that silvered hugger.

Nicely done. Well, if you can't have red. :p

Bill

Porterhouse - WOW, survivng such an accident with an elk at 65mph is pretty damn amazing! I am sorry to hear about all the pins in bones but I am glad to see you were able to dust yourself off so to speak and get back on the Griso again! Thanks for the link to the story and short video. It looks like a beautiful ride you two had! Thanks for the info. on the bags too! They too blend well with the bike - good choice.

Bill - thanks for the info. you posted on the Skidmarx rear hugger product and the link to Traxxion. I will check that out!

All the best,

Ed

Back