• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso "Carrier Kit"

AAAltered468

Tuned and Synch'ed
I am looking at the MG Carrier Kit - which is their tail rack and designed for the Guzzi tail bag.

Well, I have a tail bag already that goes over the seat. What I want is a rack to strap stuff too, like a tent or a 30 pack (ok, a 12 pack).

I cannot find any pics of the MG item other than the stock pic from their site.

Does anyone have this rack who can comment on its real utility and maybe post a better pic than the stock MG shot???? I dont want it to look stupid with my tidy tail and hugger.

I appreciate it.

Ed in NJ

I bought a rack but haven't fitted it yet. I've been put off by having to have holes in the tail piece.....they supply plugs to fill the holes when you remove the rack but I don't want to spoil the looks.

As for carrying a tent etc.....I have the factory panniers & found the tops of them are convieniently level with the seat so you can strap stuff across the top. I bought a canvass tool bag that is the same width as bike with panniers on. It doubled my luggage capacity for about £5. Of course this is useless if you have a passenger.....but then you're already using a bag on the seat so guess it isn't an issue.

Hello;

I put one on my Griso.. It is very sturdy and could carry a full trunk if required. I use the MG Tail bag on mine. The Tail bag has a pocket that the rack slips into and straps secure it.

When you install it, you have to take the trim piece off and drill 2 holes in it. There are dimple markings on the underside of the trim piece to exactly locate the holes. Us a drill size 1 mm larger than specificed as the angle of the mounts goining through the trim piece are a bit obtuse.

The only pix I have is this.. But you can see it is a very clean installation

I love that yellow :woohoo:
when the breva gets a bit scrappy it gets a canary makeover!

Thanks for all the input. For $100 US I think I'll go for it. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Regards,
Ed

I think the griso stock carrier rack is awesome, I have been very happy with it, with carrying the stock tail bag, or as a support for a roll bag on the rear. fab. Check out my webshots pages for images.

Thanks for the link Ghost. Your bike looks great.
I ordered the rack Friday so I should have an installation project by this coming weekend.

Regards,
Ed

One quick install note -- It's a simple (15-20 minute) job, but the side bolts provided in the box were too short; had to get longer ones from the local hardware store. Seems like they should have been able to get that right, but what do I know!

Given that I'm late on this thread, you have probably already figured this out...

Actually the rack arrived yesterday.

Guess what, Luigi packed too-short bolts in mine too, fucker di madre muto.

Of course at 9pm on a Thursday night that means waiting until Saturday to go to my hardware store.

I got the whole job done before finding out about the bolt length.

On the upside, good job on the design. Good forethought on the frame mounts and pilot holes in the plastic tail. Everything seems to line up fair enough. While I did not have a 21mm drill bit to punch out the tail holes, a 3/4" hole bit worked perfectly.

I'd shoot pics but my camera is on holiday.

Ed in NJ

Thanks for all this older detail. I picked up my new 2009 Griso today. I'd bought a carrier from someone on the Wildguzzi forum, who had bought it but never installed it. Went to the dealer today to pick the bike up & have them install it...and were stymied. Now I understand!

joe

I also have the Guzzi tail rack/bag and the Guzzi saddlebags. All are very nice items IMHO that look and function well on the Griso. I have a lot of pictures I can send you if you like.

Mark

Chicago Mark said:
I also have the Guzzi tail rack/bag and the Guzzi saddlebags. All are very nice items IMHO that look and function well on the Griso. I have a lot of pictures I can send you if you like.

Mark

That would be great!

Has anyone fitted a Givi box to the Griso rack? I have the side cases but would like to fit a Givi box so I can lock the helmets away when we are out instead of carrying them around with us.
How big is the load area of the rack? Is it big enough to take the Givi adapter plate?

Lots of questions I know, but I'm sure one of you guys will have the answers! :lol:

Earl said:
Has anyone fitted a Givi box to the Griso rack? I have the side cases but would like to fit a Givi box so I can lock the helmets away when we are out instead of carrying them around with us.
How big is the load area of the rack? Is it big enough to take the Givi adapter plate?

Lots of questions I know, but I'm sure one of you guys will have the answers! :lol:

I too am interested. I have the (as-yet-uninstalled) Guzzi luggage rack. I bought the Caribou top case and adapter plate, but it looks like it won't fit. I have a Givi mono E52 case for my Norge...would like to use it on the Griso now.

mojohand said:
Earl said:

I too am interested. I have the (as-yet-uninstalled) Guzzi luggage rack. I bought the Caribou top case and adapter plate, but it looks like it won't fit. I have a Givi mono E52 case for my Norge...would like to use it on the Griso now.

Can't you try fitting the Givi adapter to the rack first? That way if it dosen't fit you haven't drilled holes in the bodywork.

Back