• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Custom

I'm considering geting one of these

5197188745_8865fd4b8a_z.jpg

And sticking ape-hangers and forward controls on it. I've been wondering if I should go to one of the RSV-4 specific boards and ask if I can fit Hepco-Becker 40 litre panniers and crash bars on it just to see if I can get someone's head to explode!!! :evil:

Pete

(Actually I really DO like the RSV-4. Way too much bike for me but it's drop dead gorgeous!)

The RSV-4 is a really cool bike but I don't see what it has to do with the OP.
I like what they did with the Griso, I have always wanted wire wheels for mine.

This years RSV4 is falling apart all over. People are getting rid of them fast as they buy em. What a mess.

I figure that Pete.
And if the OP was posting a link where someone had made a Griso into some kind of sportbike I would not have said a thing. But the link this time was to a Griso that was reasonably tastefully modded into a sort of modern cafe bike. Not entirely out of the world the Griso lives in to begin with.
And your bit about ape hangers and what not was funny.
But again, no worries.

SlickT said:
This years RSV4 is falling apart all over. People are getting rid of them fast as they buy em. What a mess.

Really? Apart from the early poorly heat treated/mismatched rods fiasco I thought the RSV-4 was being pretty well behaved? Mind you the majority of people who are buying them are dentists and second hand lingerie salesman who opt for the 'R' version because they are worried about their body image :lol: Unlikely they'd blow anything up apart from the occasional condom at a dentists ball! P'raps their fragile as all shit? I wouldn't care. I'd ride one even weedier than a dentist so it would be unlikely to go belly-up on me. If they are going cheap in the US maybe I will buy one to replace the Griso Pinko and bag it up just to piss people off :mrgreen: .

Yo, Moto, No foul mate. I just try and treat everything as a bit of a laugh. After all, that's what bikes are all about innit? If I wanted to talk 'All serious like' I'd go and be bored shitless by the BMW club!

Pete

I know plenty of people who'd say the early Griso 1200's were all sorts of messed up just due to the cam recall/potential problems. Each bike has it's quirks, besides my Suzuki V-Strom; that thing just purrs along seemingly unconcerned by whatever I throw at it.

Granted it has no character and feels like I'm sitting on a scooter (position wise). I do miss my old Griso though, so very much :(

Back