• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso ergos

Henry

Just got it firing!
I sure hear a lot about the Griso being the "perfect bike". Even "the dog's danglies". But no one ever talks about ergonomics. Am I the only one that feels the pegs are too high? I'm not a gymnast. I'm not rubber man. How do you all manage the cramped leg position? I've even heard talk of the Griso as a tourer! Am I the only one with a problem. This is serious, folks. Please talk to me. -Henry

Leg position was the hardest thing to adjust to after switching from my Honda. That being said... it wasn't too hard at all! The first ride or two, my hips twinged a bit when starting the ride but adjusted quite fast.

I have found the position to be different, but much more comfortable for long rides. Balance is subjectively more "secure" feeling for me, there is minimal (to no) strain on my back and changing my elbow position or shifting the placement of feet (ball to arch) make huge differences in comfort over several hours of riding.

I like it a lot:)

That being said: The pillion comfort... not so good (according to my wife)

This bike fits me well at 5'11, 32" inseam, regular arm length and of healthy (225lbs) weight. My weight being my challenge... I need to tweak the suspension more or lose a few pounds to really ride this bike to its potential.:dry:

Get comfy... carve some corners... I think you'll like it

YBFAST wrote:
Leg position was the hardest thing to adjust to after switching from my Honda. That being said... it wasn't too hard at all! The first ride or two, my hips twinged a bit when starting the ride but adjusted quite fast.

I have found the position to be different, but much more comfortable for long rides. Balance is subjectively more "secure" feeling for me, there is minimal (to no) strain on my back and changing my elbow position or shifting the placement of feet (ball to arch) make huge differences in comfort over several hours of riding.

I like it a lot:)

I second that, my old hips had some trouble adjusting to this position as well, love it now!

I am 5'6 with a 30" inseam and even *I* find it cramped sometimes. It could be my 50yo hip joints but sometime on a long ride my hips really hurt on this bike (not my others....).

I described it to someone as like being saddled up on a horse, with my feet in sturups. I wouldn't mind dropping the pegs a little bit and seeing if there is a difference.

Ed in NJ

At 6'1" with a 32" inseam it fits me fine. I needed a slightly different bars and 'Bob's your uncle'...

Hi Gang

When you get a little tired of the full on street fighting look and your legs get well, say a little cramped:( .
You can go get a Stelvio:) .
Ok it's not so pretty as the Griso but by golly it's far more comfortable:laugh: :laugh:
It takes luggage and a pillion in it's stride.

Loftyjohn

:) Having very short legs helps, but it`s a fucker to reach the ground at 5`1". ok 5`2" with my boots on. but I don`t care cos I just like riding the griso. I`m an "odd shape" to ride any bike but you`ll get used to that riding position with time. And these old joints are starting to feel thier age now, so antil I have to be lifted on and off the bike, enjoy it.

Hey, Double D: You're 6'? Honest? And you don't have any cramping? I'm 6" 4" and it's brutal even getting my feet on the pegs. But I take the pain because I'm in love with this thing. Is it my old age that's hurting me? Or do you actually get used to this?

In another post there was talk that moto intl had lowering pegs. Does anyone have any experience with them on the griso? I'm 6' 190lbs and do not find the ergo's terrible, but an extra inch might be nice. However, I don't want to sacrifice clearance.

zed

First, I can only comment on the Griso 1100.

On a test ride, my hips and legs cramped really bad. I didn't think I could make the run but I did. Although I was sore that day, a month later I still wanted to get the Griso. Luckily, I haven't had a major cramp since. I guess I was really out of shape.

I enjoy the riding position but I can see how it would be an issue with others- I'm 5'8, 165 lbs., with a 30" inseam.

What needs to be addressed is the darn seat. It is very hard and I feel all the bumps. I'm thinking about adjusting the suspension as well. I went on a short vacation this summer and let my "portly" brother ride the Griso for a week. When I got the bike back, the seat actually felt softer and I could ride it longer distances without my arse falling asleep.

Long rides can be a challenge. The wind will give you a good lashing even with the windscreen. The hard seat and riding position is something that may take a toll on you by hour number three.

S-O-S

Yeah - I'm around 5'11''; short back and long legs. I do get a cramping sensation around the hips when pulling my feet up onto the pegs from a standstill. Once under way I'm OK. Only used the bike for the one distance trip so far and it was OK on the move.

I think I noted from somewhere that during testing they kept grinding the pegs so they got moved up higher. I certainly don't find I drag my toes in the curves like I do on the Speed Triple.

Also saw someone had said they'd lowered the pegs on theirs. Is there any more info on that?

I'm 5'10", 200lbs, 43, and have classic bad knees from racing/dirtbikes. I find the rinding position fine except the bars are too wide and at an odd angle. But I can live with that. The worst thing about my Griso is my wifes V11. Ride the two back to back and the Griso feels slow, imprecise, and clunky. Oh well.

Henry wrote:
Hey, Double D: You're 6'? Honest? And you don't have any cramping? I'm 6" 4" and it's brutal even getting my feet on the pegs. But I take the pain because I'm in love with this thing. Is it my old age that's hurting me? Or do you actually get used to this?

Henry, Henry, Henry, sounds like you need to do some limbering up before you ride. Get out in the garden, get down on your haunches and pull some weeds out :laugh: . I'm lucky my legs are the fittest part of my body, and the fact that i've been riding a LM4 for the past 22 years has toughened me up. Yeh i take the pain for love as well;) .
If everybody went for comfort the Goldwing would be the biggest selling bike in the world :eek:hmy:

Once I change the odd handle bars, the Griso reminds me a lot of my 1995 Honda VFR750. I went with the Pastrana bars & it really helps with the angle of your hands & not nearly as wide. As for the pegs, they are fine for my 6'1" frame. But I was coming off an Aprilia Falco. It was considered a Sport-Tourer, with a heavy emphasis on the SPORT. The Griso is 100x more comfortable, albiet slower.

AJ

I'm 5'11", 190lbs and fit the 8v very well. I've done numerous 1000+mile day rides, comfortable all day tourer, but a pain in a strong head wind (20-30 knt). I stretch my legs out evey now and then. A throttle lock, large screen and pegs or ventura pack make the touring doable....

I'm 1.88 M and about 15 stones. I love the Grisos ergos and have logged numerous 800-900kM days with nary an ache or grimace.

Y'all fellers just need to loosen up your suspenders a bit.

SD

Back