• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso fender extender available at last

Thank f*** for that. About time too that someone came up with something to stop the road shite chipping away at the engine finish. :D Will have to get one asap.

Good spot. Ordered mine immediately. A bit late for the front of the engine after my tour of N. France farmyards last Autumn unfortunately. Execrable spelling against that item, hope the attention to detail on fit is better than that.

Cheers for info, have ordered 2, so I might try a double extender !

I got mine a few weeks back. It is very effective at keeping the crud from getting all the way up above the header pipes. Honestly, they could've extended it a few more inches lower for better coverage. I used plastic epoxy to hold it in place, as I didn't want to drill through my fender. I don't think I'll have any issues with it coming loose at all (fingers crossed :? ).

Overall, good purchase. Inexpensive, effective, and not displeasing to the eye. Thought about paint matching it to the rest of the bike, but I really don't even notice it being there to begin with. It does blend in with it's semi-gloss black, neutral look. It might stand out more if your bike is a different color. I'd recommend this accessory to anyone. B)

-Drew

Thanks, Drew. (I got the Pyramid rear hugger last year. The UK people directed me to their US dealer in Cal.)

Another thread post showed an extender made from 3mm neoprene sheet. Might go that route.

rguzz, did you mount the two "Extendas" you ordered? How'd it work out?

Thanks, everybody.

Here's the rapid response I got from the US Pyramid supplier re. availability and price of the Griso Fenda Extenda:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi yes we do [stock it] and yes fit all years at $42 shipping is $8.99

Call to order

Cheers David

Streetfighters By Design
David Cork
Phone-530-587-8521
Fax 530-587-8521
Email sbd@davidcork.com
www.streetfightersbydesign.com

I attached one Griso fender extender from Pyramid, plus some heat gun treatment to stop it binding on wheel. Then cut a cardboard dummy flap to fit on the extender, trim to fit, then use this as a stencil to cut out some thick flexible black plastic from a B & Q rubble bucket, and attach with 3 carefully positioned sawn off cap screws. Result is flap goes to within 5 cm of road, giving excellent road shit protection, now takes minimal cleaning. See pics below...

100 0359 Optimized 100 0360 Optimized

It just needs a chrome women on it, or a Yosemite Sam. What kind of person has a mud flap like that without a chrome women or Yosemite Sam.....
Also, nice zombie thread.
I don't get the whole "mud flap" thing, but it doesn't matter to me if someone else wants mud flaps on their beautiful Italian motorcycle. To each their own.

Attachments

• ChromeWomen.jpg
    ChromeWomen.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
  • YosmiteSam.jpg
    YosmiteSam.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 0
It just needs a chrome women on it, or a Yosemite Sam. What kind of person has a mud flap like that without a chrome women or Yosemite Sam.....
Also, nice zombie thread.
I don't get the whole "mud flap" thing, but it doesn't matter to me if someone else wants mud flaps on their beautiful Italian motorcycle. To each their own.

I agree comma but.

Mebbe the location -- UK -- and daily commute in liquid air and road filth drove the choice.

FWIW, I have had a fender extender on my Griso for years. Didn't use the screws, but it has stayed on just fine with only the glue.

Now, that said, while I don't think it looks bad, neither does it seem to do squat for protection. I still get lots of road grime and rock hits on the sump.

Bill

I agree comma but.

Mebbe the location -- UK -- and daily commute in liquid air and road filth drove the choice.

FWIW, I have had a fender extender on my Griso for years. Didn't use the screws, but it has stayed on just fine with only the glue.

Now, that said, while I don't think it looks bad, neither does it seem to do squat for protection. I still get lots of road grime and rock hits on the sump.

Bill
It does seem to be a more common thing to do in the UK. But I think there are people everywhere who think like that. I think it is a case of practicality, having something like that must be a practical choice, trying to reduce the dirt that gets thrown up on to the front of the motor. I remember way back the wife and I were riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway, and it was caterpillar season. Those caterpillars were everywhere. We both had nasty greenish stripes up the front of our Guzzi's from caterpillar guts being thrown up by the front wheel. One of those "mud flaps" might have prevented that. Alas, all we could do was clean the bike..... The horror ;-)
As I mentioned, I think I can understand why someone would chose to go that route. I simply chose not to. I ride for enjoyment. Part of my enjoyment is how my motorcycle looks. I do modify it to look better, I have never modified it look look worse, yet.
But it is all good. Different stokes for blah blah blah.

E
I attached one Griso fender extender from Pyramid, plus some heat gun treatment to stop it binding on wheel. Then cut a cardboard dummy flap to fit on the extender, trim to fit, then use this as a stencil to cut out some thick flexible black plastic from a B & Q rubble bucket, and attach with 3 carefully positioned sawn off cap screws. Result is flap goes to within 5 cm of road, giving excellent road shit protection, now takes minimal cleaning. See pics below...

View attachment 1118 View attachment 1119
Each to his own.

Back