• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso High Bars

Steve S

Tuned and Synch'ed
The Griso stock bars have never been comfy for me being too much of a stretch and locking my arms on long trips causing pain in the elbows, I've now fitted what I think are the highest fat bars available, the Pro Taper Contour Raptor bars, the riding position is much improved for me being more upright, I had to buy them in the USA as I couldn't find them here in the UK, the stock brake hoses were too short so I had to get a longer set, everything else reached ok.

Attachments

• IMG-20121026-00146_0001.jpg
    IMG-20121026-00146_0001.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 453
Re: Griso Bars

What are the handguards you have on Steve? Thinking of putting some on mine just for the colder weather. There seems to be a good few different types on offer on the net, but if they are universal ones then some may have to be doctored to fit .

jiltedjohn said:
What are the handguards you have on Steve? Thinking of putting some on mine just for the colder weather. There seems to be a good few different types on offer on the net, but if they are universal ones then some may have to be doctored to fit .

The handguards are from the Stelvio, they fit straight on, not the prettiest things on a Griso but effective in the UK winter

Did you have to order them in or did a dealer have them instock , it's just that some items from Guzzi can take weeks to come from Italy also how expensive . Thanks

I've had them a few years they came to me on a previous Guzzi, you should be able to get them from a main dealer from stock, about £50 for the kit.

I got a set of the Stelvio guards "over the counter" at Haywards. apparently they are so popular with Griso owners, that good dealers keep `em in stock. Had to fit an extra washer to the twistgrip side to stop the unwanted cruise control (read "stuck throttle"), and Fanny`s your aunt. They work so well that when I`ve needed to use the heated grips, I found that I had to set them at at least 1 level cooler than I have been using. :D

I used the same bar (Silver) on my wife's G11...
The brake lines were indeed too short (clutch one OK) but I re-routed them behind the fork and gain enough real estate that way.
For looks though, I like them better on the front, fastened by the chrome plastic bracket under the head light.
I wonder if the Stelvio lines would fit, they have to be longer and if they run the same price than the OEM Griso at $50 ($34 for the G11) it's cheaper than having custom ones made.

True the stock brake pipes will reach if routed behind the fork leg but it didn't look good, good idea on the Stelvio pipes if they are that cheap, I bought two long pipes and had a double union at the master cylinder, I paid £60 for Goodridge "Build A Line" system at my local bike shop, makes it an expensive exercise.

A cheaper way to higher and bring forward the bars is to do what i did 2x27mm impact drive sockets and slightly longer bolts(about 27mm believe it or not)and nothing needs to be replaced/lengthened for a more comfortable riding position

Attachments

• Photo0027.jpg
    Photo0027.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 530
  • Photo0026.jpg
    Photo0026.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 531
  • Photo0014.jpg
    Photo0014.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 529
  • Photo0016.jpg
    Photo0016.jpg