Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Griso Low Seat?

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by morrobayboy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. morrobayboy

morrobayboy Just got it firing!

Hi, I'm a total newbie here, but have ridden for years. I'm the short inseam disability, and just able to get balls of both feet down when test riding a California 1400. That's a great ride, and am seriously considering a California Custom. Balls of feet as compared to flat feet are acceptable as a compromise to ride this machine.

The Griso is very appealing, but the seat is just a little high for me. Does anyone make a low seat for the Griso? Thanks.

2. Moto-Muzzey

Moto-Muzzey Just got it firing!

I have not seen a lower seat in my interweb travels, but i have not been looking for that. I know corbin makes a seat for the Griso but i don't know if it is lower. here is the link if you want to check it out.
    http://www.corbin.com/motoguzzi/mggrsog.shtml

3. KRHguzi

KRHguzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Corbin will make a lower or taller seat on request but it takes longer than a off the shelf.
    Riche's in Seattle modified the seat on my Griso, first rate work and a comfortable seat.

http://www.richscustomseats.com/

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Welcome to the Forum, and in advance on the Guzzi purchase.
    The Griso has a tall and wide subframe, so lowering the bike will take a little effort/expense.
    The seat is a start, and/or a shorter rear shock would do it. Depending on what you weigh, the shock might be worth it alone.

Post again.

p.s. I lived in SLO in '04-05. Fun riding areas (Old & Santa Rosa Creek!). A Griso would be perfect for there.

5. Tim with a Griso

Tim with a Griso Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi morrowbayboy.
    Just a suggestion as I have the same challenge.
    One limiting factor is that the Griso frame is wide, forcing your legs apart. So sit on the Griso without the seat (as that is the lowest you can get). If you are still not happy then a lower seat is not an option.
    True a shorter rear shock is an option but that does affect the handling. When I changed the 'dog bones (linkage ) on my Z750 to lower the seat height it made the bike more stable in a straight line, but slower into corners as I left the front forks as they were.

Good luck

6. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

There's a lady rider with our local group that had her Griso lowered - shorter shock, slide the forks up in the yoke slightly to maintain the stock steering geometry. Unless you are a current/former 'knee dragger' it most likely won't affect your cornering clearance as the Griso has a fair amount.

7. Will

Will Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

You say the Griso is "just a little high" for you. If you can get away with it being only slightly lower try a seat from a Griso 1100 or SE. The profile of the foam is different to the stock 8v Griso. The difference is only slight but the effect is more than you might expect and I found it felt a lot lower.

8. duc

duc Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

As someone else said if you lower the seat too much it will just spread your legs and make you even more uncomfortable.
    I have already gone that route and found a happy medium.If you only need it a little lower you can go down an inch and it works out pretty good.I am 5 ft 7 with a 30 inch inseam and stock seat on an 1100 griso lowered 1 inch did just right for me.Hope this is of some help.
    Duc/Mell

9. commando tod

commando tod Cruisin' Guzzisti

[​IMG]
    These might help.
    I`m 5`1" and I`ve managed without these for the last 7 years, although I might try the shorter shock when the original is done. The bike cant fall over both ways at the same time, so pick which is your best side to put your foot down. No, I`m not taking the piss, but perfect balance and control help.

10. Cage Free

Cage Free Cruisin' Guzzisti

Looks like Herman Munsters boot. :p

11. Pascal

Pascal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nina Hagen boots!!