• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Oil Light Weirdness

octoguzzi

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Can someone verify if my oil light operation is normal?

Upon switching on the ignition, the oil light winks on as the the tach needle is sweeping to redline and back to zero. This verifies the bulb is OK.

The light then goes out even if there is no oil pressure with the engine off (ignition still on of course). I can start the engine and then stop it with the kill switch and still no oil light. Is my pressure sending unit bad? Is the ECU intervening and keeping the light out when the engine is dead? Is it an oil level sensor?

What does your Griso do? They don't call them idiot lights for nothing...

TIA, Larry

Hi octoguzzi
My Breva 1100 does exactly the same, here is a quote from the manual

" Engine oil sensor faults.
The dashboard will reveal oil pressure faults as well as sensor faults. The oil sensor fault is detected with engine stopped and key in on position, if the sensor is not conducting (open circuit), the fault is indicated by lighting the warning "service" that will remain lit also with engine running.
Abnormal oil pressure is indicated with the engine running at an RPM higher than 2000rpm and the sensor conducting (shorted). In this case the fault is indicatedby lighting the icon "oilcan"
In both cases the codes are stored in the diagnostic memory of the dash"
Also I think you will find its a LED and not a bulb, so after all that I'm sure its ok

Cheers Kevin

Thanks gents.

Kevin, I probably read that in the manual but the lucidity of the convoluted parsology obstructed my ability to mentate the significance of the deeper implications. Or something. I'm hip to the LED thing, just using the generic term there.

Pete, too bad you dint 'ave time to stop by and enjoy the cabin for a couple of days when you were in Colorado, mate. Coulda shown you a few roads to rival wot you sawr...only wit lots less traffic. Mebbe next time....

LC

Back