• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso resurrection

cog2803

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Due to a number of extremely unfortunate circumstances my 2007 Griso 1100 has been sitting in my brother-in-laws basement for almost four months now. For awhile the battery was on a Battery Tender put that was unplugged some time ago (inattentive brother-in-law, urrrrr).

It was started up and taken out for a run four months ago and the battery (which had been on a Battery Tender for two months prior to that) seemed to be having problems. It would occasionally not turn over the bike upon hitting the starter . . . but it would eventually start.

There was a long move and a job change that caused the bike to find itself sitting all alone and unattended for such a long time - I'm kind of sick about the whole thing. This has been the longest time off a bike in twenty years, hard to believe that it's been four very long months of no riding. I'm starting to get a bit stir crazy.

I'm concerned about what else might have cropped up during the last four months. It's been out of the weather but the basement is damp. It's been sitting upright in a wheel chock.

Any thoughts on what precautions I should take now that I'm finally able to get it back on the road? The battery had a couple of years on it so I'm fine with getting a new one. I was thinking of the one's the Todd sells - any thoughts on those?

Thanks

Bill Buchanan

Bill, If only for 4 months down, it could be fuel related as well. Life expectancy on AGM's has hit a limit in the last few years at nearly dead-on two years to the calendar date.
I've been very educated in battery technology since I went with the new company on my Store. AGM/Lead are going away soon, and the newest battery technology is beyond impressive in every aspect.

Happy to be of help/service. Feel free to reach me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Get a new battery. Chech the tire pressure. Check/top up the oil level. Start it up ride to the local gas station top up the fuel. Go for a nice 135+ mile ride and repeat until you need to be home.

4 months sittin' in a basement anin't nothing to fret about. The bike is fine.

Perazzimx14 said:
Get a new battery. Chech the tire pressure. Check/top up the oil level. Start it up ride to the local gas station top up the fuel. Go for a nice 135+ mile ride and repeat until you need to be home.

Oh, I don't know...could be a complete fixer, from the tires up: bearings, tubes, wires, snipes - all need monthly attention, at the very least.

I'd be happy to take this "junker" off your hands for...$750? OK, $1,000 tops.

:lol:

Bikeless

Bikeless said:
Perazzimx14 said:

Oh, I don't know...could be a complete fixer, from the tires up: bearings, tubes, wires, snipes - all need monthly attention, at the very least.

I'd be happy to take this "junker" off your hands for...$750? OK, $1,000 tops.

:lol:

Bikeless

Now thats just silly..........Everybody know Griso's have tubeless tires ;)

Four months. Yikes on the fuel. I'd get some sea foam and add some to the next two to three tankfuls just to help clean out the varnish. Especially if you live in warm to hot climes.

Back