• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso revving 1200+ rpm

Griso Guy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
If bringing the Griso form 5200 feet down to 400 above sea level. Could the throttle setting be set for the higher altitude therefore allowing the engine to run at a bit higher in RPM's?
As you know I have removed all the trash, such as the carbon canister, the main air box / battery tray and now with a new aftermarket slip-on.

Could altitude have this effect on the engine?

Thank you once again.

Doug

The EFI system should be compensating for altitude. That is supposed to be a benefit of fuel injection. You do have thicker air at lower altitude but it shouldn't cause the RPM to increase. Try restricting the airflow to the stepper motor. There is an extensive thread on the subject in this forum.

Also check to see if both air bypass screws are open, only one should be. see https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Manual ... iceMan.pdf For the EFI tuning procedure. If you do attempt to change anything, you will need access to VDSTS or an Axone.

What John said, and likely your bike is in need of a quick reset with the VDST or Axone.

I have known that the O2 sensor should send adjustment info to the comp. But you never know with Italian engineering. I had put some slack in the pull cable hoping that might due the trick.

Thank you again.

Doug

If a new Guzzi is idling a little high (mine is, after 500 miles or so of break-in), can't a guy just turn back the screw on the throttle stop?

I see the locking paint on the part and a few others. Is monkeying with this a no-no? Everything has to be done via computer?

Joe

bsanut wrote:
If a new Guzzi is idling a little high (mine is, after 500 miles or so of break-in), can't a guy just turn back the screw on the throttle stop?

I see the locking paint on the part and a few others. Is monkeying with this a no-no? Everything has to be done via computer?

Joe

Absolutely not. Do not adjust the throttle stop--better known as the Sacred Screw. It is factory set and will alter your ability to accurately tune the bike. It will also void your warranty.

Idle is controlled by the ECU. In order to get your idle back to normal, you will need reset the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor). This is typically done with VDSTS software for the average Joe (Available from Todd Eagan-RacerX on this forum) or an Axone which is what the dealer uses.

For a detailed explanation of how to tune your bike, see this article by GrahamNZ: https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=44&id=6819#9000

Does anyone know what the procedure is for removing the charcoal canister?
Don-M

Back