• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso seat - anyone good with photoshop?

Sluggo

Tuned and Synch'ed
I have an extra Griso seat that I was going to put a gel insert into and started to think about turning it into a solo-seat. Any of you guys any good with Photoshop to give me an idea on how to blend the back of the seat with the lines of the bike? For whatever reason, the passenger section of the seat looks like Guzzi went; "Oh crap, what if they want to add a passenger", and slapped it together.

AJ

I thought about this, I've got a Corbin Gunfighter on my Hawk GT.

ho22a.jpg

It blends the rear seat to look more like a tail section. If you tapered it back (perhaps starting from a greater hight) into the tail seaction at a steeper angle, might work?
You could try making cardboard mock ups to get the dimensions you want.
Also wondered about having it as a flat base to use like a rack and have a seat pad to fit on if needed.
That's used up all my creative (ish) thoughts!
Pete

I've thought about it quite a bit.

THe unfortunate part is tthat if you blended up the lines, you would have a very bizzare looking seat that's only about 10" deep, and it wouldn't have that cool rise in the back.

BUT

what you can do, and what i have considered doing, is carving a foam insert that will cause a rise in the back, maybe only 2 inches or so, which would taper down toward the back of the seat, which would break up the wide and flat look but still allow an OCCASIONAL passenger to sit. It shouldn't really effect the ability to ride 2 up too much, because with this bike, the bitch seat is kind of a last resort anyway.

Thanks for the photo shop, but what I really hate is how the end of the passenger seat extends out past the plastic. It just looks odd.

BTW, looks like a fun place to ride. B)

AJ

I was thinking something like this.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Of course, I would hope it looks better than my pitiful attempt at altering the picture.

This is not a PhotoShop mockup, but rather an actual custom Griso seat I kinda like -
grisoseat.jpg

Interesting. I would like to see the bike from a distance to see how it looks.

What about just shortening the seat like this?

AJ

Thgil wrote:
Check out eztuning.it.
Nice find. Looks like a solo seat, like I was thinking of doing too. Pics from there:

grisoMontaggioWeb%20con%20logo.jpg

Griso%20Coda%20Alto.jpg
Griso%20Coda%20Laterale.jpg

Griso%20Lato%20Ds.jpg

I like it. From the pictures, it looks like a whole new tail section though. I can't imagine it being cheap, but it gives me some ideas.

AJ

Regarding that EZ Tuning seat, it looks like it's 120euro. That really doesnt seem too bad. I could only translate the site enough to get the price, I really cant figure out what it includes but it does say "colors and seams to choice". Something else to add to the list....

Ed in NJ

Hi Spaceclam,
Where did you get the license plate eliminator? What all was done to the turn signals?
A friend and I are working on LED's that are blended into the tail section. This way it will clean the tail up a bit more, altough, you have done a great job on yours.

actually, i made it.

The plate bracket is seperate from the turn signal brackets, all of which were made from 16 GA stainless and painted with hammertone, which looks like powder if you apply 3 really light coats (like dusting).

i wasn't about to pay $120 for the steelhorse, and i dont like the shape.

Unrelatedly, the EZ tuning seat reminds me of a ladybug. Im not a fan. :-/

Very nice and I can't blame you for not wanting to pay an outrageous price for something that only costs a fraction to make.
Could you send some up close shots of it?

Thanks

Doug

Actually, that is a shot from the control tower of a Nike missile base, overlooking the San Fernando Valley. The "road" up there is absolutely terrifying on a 500lb machine, and in retrospect, i should have used the dirtbike instead. Just another chapter in the book of "why am i still alive?". :)

Very cool, excellent job opn the backing plate and I thank you very much for attaching the photo's! I thought mabe you were in AZ.
How much to make me one up?
Thanks again.

Doug

Back