• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso small tank bag?

rocketman

Tuned and Synch'ed
Is anyone using the Griso small tank bag? Do you like it? Do you have any pics of it mounted on your bike? I don't want to spoil the sporting looks of my griso with the large bag. I only need to carry minimal stuff for day trips. Or, has anyone found a generic bag that looks/works better? It seems like an odd tank to fit...short and wide.

Thanks

Magnetic tank bags won't work for obvious reasons so you'll need to look for a strap-on one. The 'Small' Guzzi bag is about large enough for a packet of smokes, a small handgun or a foam carrot and a couple of tampons. ie, it's essentially useless!!

I'd either go for the big Guzzi bag, (I have it and it ain't too ugly.) or an alternative strap-on.

Pete

Get a Cortech Mini tank, buy a Moto Guzzi patch, sew one on each side & PRESTO, a useful Moto Guzzi tank bag!!!!

Don-M aka Kid Thunder

I just used my large OEM bag for the first time this past weekend. Yes it's large but not overly so. Will easily hold an open face helmet, not a full face. Only issue I had is the kill switch get's tripped when turning left during parking.

pete roper wrote:
I'd either go for the big Guzzi bag, (I have it and it ain't too ugly.) or an alternative strap-on. :huh:

Pete

Has this big Guzzi bag got a sister as I'm not too sure about the strap on!! :blink: :blush:

sorry pete but just couldn't help myself :laugh:

I have the small Guzzi tank bag. Todd at MPH had one so I picked it up while I was out there a few months ago. I'll take some pics of the bike with the small tank bag on when I get home this evening.

Okay here are some snaps of the small tank bag. I have always used magnetic tank bags but the Guzzi one is plenty large enough for day trips. It isn't larger than my previous tank bags but I can still pack keys, phones, some tools, and also rain jacket that packs small enough for me. Big thing compared to some of the others linked is the cut out for the fuel tank.

**Note the rack on the back. I have the Ventura rack system as well and this is the day to day piece. It comes off with 4 bolts but I have just left it on.

Attachments

• gtech1.jpg
    gtech1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 290
I'm interested in the Ventura luggage system. My guess is that you are pleased with yours? Which bag do you have? I'm nout sure which to get, the largest or the expandable medium bag. I know they can be zipped together...

Is it easy to remove the rack?

vivo

rebus wrote:
I use one of these

http://www.kriega.com/pages_uk/us10/us10-frameset.html

With one of these

http://www.kriega.com/pages_uk/tank/tank-frameset.html

works really well for me , i use the 20l version too for longer/weekend trips and it works surprising well for a reasonably large volume bag, its wide and slim just like the tank, un-clips in seconds has its own shoulder strap and is fully water proof!

Stu

Those are really cool. Looks like all of the bags work with the same mounting base. Am I correct? The base looks like a good fit for the nuances of the griso tank. Reasonably priced too. Thanks Stu!

Rod

It is super easy to take on and off and I really like that it sits right behind me on the bike with no drag. I was thinking if the Guzzi semi-rigid sidebags but Porterhouse suggested I consider this instead and I am so glad he did. I can take everything off with 4 bolts in less than 5 mins.

The kit comes with the 51 liter Aero-Pack which is plenty of room for me.
http://www.cycleventure.com/products/pa ... /index.htm

I ordered the "kit" which includes the pack, mounting "L' brackets, Pack Rack, & sport rack only. (Sport rack on my pic above)

**They didn't have one in stock when I ordered in February and had to place a restock shipment from New Zealand (not just for the Griso.) No biggie really but plan accordingly. Lovely gal in service department.

rocketman wrote:
rebus wrote:
I use one of these

http://www.kriega.com/pages_uk/us10/us10-frameset.html

With one of these

http://www.kriega.com/pages_uk/tank/tank-frameset.html

works really well for me , i use the 20l version too for longer/weekend trips and it works surprising well for a reasonably large volume bag, its wide and slim just like the tank, un-clips in seconds has its own shoulder strap and is fully water proof!

Stu

Those are really cool. Looks like all of the bags work with the same mounting base. Am I correct? The base looks like a good fit for the nuances of the griso tank. Reasonably priced too. Thanks Stu!

Rod

Yep the base works for all the bags in the range, plus they all work togeather to so you can add a 10 l to the 20l ETC. They also come with straps to use as a tail pack and the 20l doubles up as a messenger bag too complete with shoulder and waist straps. I Have been very impressed with mine i have 2 x the 20 l and 1 10l , i use a combination of a 20l on the tank and the other 20+the 10l on the back for longer trips.

Stu

cjlewis610 wrote:
Okay here are some snaps of the small tank bag. I have always used magnetic tank bags but the Guzzi one is plenty large enough for day trips. It isn't larger than my previous tank bags but I can still pack keys, phones, some tools, and also rain jacket that packs small enough for me. Big thing compared to some of the others linked is the cut out for the fuel tank.

**Note the rack on the back. I have the Ventura rack system as well and this is the day to day piece. It comes off with 4 bolts but I have just left it on.

gtech1.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic. Let me ask a few clarifying questions. The base is a 4 point strap mount affair which has magnets in it, and the bag attaches to the base via magnets? Does it stay put? Looks like you mounted the rear base straps to the main frame tube. Are the straps long enough to reach the smaller sub frame under the seat?

Thanks
Rod

Thanks Rocketman..

You said the magic words, the rack comes off in five minutes!!! The Ventura system seems to fit my needs best. I like the idea of getting a rack and still be able to carry 51 liters in the Aero bag. That might be useful to carry a tent roll or a second bag?

Have you done any two up riding with the luggage?

I'm ordering the same system as you did...

:silly:

vivo

Yep the bag has 4 magnets which do a great job of holding the bag down. I ride a little aggressive and over 100mph with no movement at all. It is plenty strong so I wouldn't worry about it taking flight while you are flying down the road. It has a little zip pocket for documents and a nice strap so you can sport it man-purse style if you so desire.

Here is a pic of the base. actually, the rear straps don't attach to the frame tubes but rather down each side and clip under the fairing on either side. I was a little worried about it rubbing the paint but it hasn't done anything of the sort.

Attachments

• IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 219
cjlewis610 wrote:
Yep the bag has 4 magnets which do a great job of holding the bag down. I ride a little aggressive and over 100mph with no movement at all. It is plenty strong so I wouldn't worry about it taking flight while you are flying down the road. It has a little zip pocket for documents and a nice strap so you can sport it man-purse style if you so desire.

Here is a pic of the base. actually, the rear straps don't attach to the frame tubes but rather down each side and clip under the fairing on either side. I was a little worried about it rubbing the paint but it hasn't done anything of the sort.
IMG_0390.jpg

Thanks for the pic and the detailed description. That's what I wanted to know. If I don't find a generic bag that works I will probably spring for the guzzi bag.

Rod

Vivo,

I haven't done much 2 up as my wife is 5'11 and has no desire to spend any significant time on the back of the Griso. She is working on takign the MSF class for her own bike. Compared to the semi-rigid panniers and racks on other bikes, the Ventura is easiest to remove by far.

I have lashed a tent and pack on the back while carrying the aero-pack. Porterhouse has some good pictures on here somewhere showing him carrying a ton of gear on the back of the bike using the Ventura rack. He gave me the idea to go that route.

My tank bag search is over. I purchased a Cortech Mini Tank bag at a local Honda shop for $69.99. Fits the lines of the Griso tank very well. It's small but yet big enough for day trippin. I'm really happy with the way it looks and fits on the bike. I will post some pics later. Thanks to everyone for the input.

Rod

Back