• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM 2WS TWIN SHOCKS - Amazing

Mayakovski

GT Reference
GT Famiglia
Finally got my new shocks from GTM installed on the weekend. And I am kicking myself for not doing this 4 years ago. Very, very nice right out of the box.

It's funny, it's not so much that the backend feels way better, it's that I don't notice the backend anymore, but I do notice the front end. I have Matris internals to install, but the shop did not have time so that has to wait for a few weeks.

No more getting bounced when hitting a pot hole, no more kicks in the tush on expansion joints. Thanks Todd!

Finally got my new shocks from GTM installed on the weekend. And I am kicking myself for not doing this 4 years ago. Very, very nice right out of the box.

It's funny, it's not so much that the backend feels way better, it's that I don't notice the backend anymore, but I do notice the front end. I have Matris internals to install, but the shop did not have time so that has to wait for a few weeks.

No more getting bounced when hitting a pot hole, no more kicks in the tush on expansion joints. Thanks Todd!
They are seriously underrated. Mine are setup for sport riding and the back end is always compliant. It's stiff but in a good way. Supple when needed and composed when going fast

I ordered mine a little while ago, waiting patiently...
ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THER YET? ...that's how you can tell I have too many kids...:D
Yep, Matris front is my next upgrade as well.
I have Matris internals to install, but the shop did not have time so that has to wait for a few weeks.
If ya need any wrenching help or to make smth, plz don't hesitate to ask, ya're like 20mins away from me:)
I'm not a certified mechanic but wrenching and building everything since out of diapers. I'm aware that some people have a mistrust to "no paper" self taught mechanics, but offer to help stands to any fellow rider.

Congrats !
I did it the other way round, Front first, it just made the back feel Even worse until I got a set of those shocks installed !
Yup. I have
I ordered mine a little while ago, waiting patiently...
ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THER YET? ...that's how you can tell I have too many kids...:D
Yep, Matris front is my next upgrade as well.

If ya need any wrenching help or to make smth, plz don't hesitate to ask, ya're like 20mins away from me:)
I'm not a certified mechanic but wrenching and building everything since out of diapers. I'm aware that some people have a mistrust to "no paper" self taught mechanics, but offer to help stands to any fellow rider.
Thank you. I do not have that mistrust problem you speak of. I have also been building and fixing since my earliest memories. Just got the 20K full service done at International Motorsports in Vancouver last weekend, and they did a great job. Fantastic group of people.

I'll let you know if I need help, and we'll meet up for a ride soon. I just got engaged so life is crazy busy right now.

Ride safe.

They're finally here! 10min. swap job and I went for rip. What a pleasant surprise!!! Softness adjustability is just awesome... First I went hard, then soft (adjusting shocks, that is... lol) until I found my preference. Ended up raising my rear just a wee touch and having a setting at 5 clicks towards softer. I'll probably tweak there or there as I go but even now the difference in ride quality is just shocking!:D

P.S. At the store page pictures shows them mounted with adjuster facing down but I mounted them with adjuster upwards for personal visual preference. If I remember reading here correctly they can be mounted either way, eh? Plz correct me if I'm wrong...

They're finally here! 10min. swap job and I went for rip. What a pleasant surprise!!! Softness adjustability is just awesome... First I went hard, then soft (adjusting shocks, that is... lol) until I found my preference. Ended up raising my rear just a wee touch and having a setting at 5 clicks towards softer. I'll probably tweak there or there as I go but even now the difference in ride quality is just shocking!:D

P.S. At the store page pictures shows them mounted with adjuster facing down but I mounted them with adjuster upwards for personal visual preference. If I remember reading here correctly they can be mounted either way, eh? Plz correct me if I'm wrong...
Thanks for the post and pics. They are IFP (Internal Floating Piston), so they can be run either way/inverted. Just be sure that the shock body is well clear of the frame on top. From the photo you posted above, it looks like it is, but be sure to check it pre and post ride. The long end without the adjuster was designed to allow for frame clearance.
Let me/us know.

The long end without the adjuster was designed to allow for frame clearance.
Let me/us know.
Either way you mount them, there's more then enough clearance. The way I mounted them, there's still ~10mm clearance on top to the frame. Another 2 bonuses of them is that they're lighter then stock shocks and narrower. Narrower will do good when I'll be making my hardbags/paniers, I can tuck them in closer.
I like my real girlfriend juicy and the ones that has 2 wheels the opposite- the lighter and less junk the better;) My Rosetta is like a real good girlfriend sweating her a$$ in a gym and dropping down kilo by kilo. 60hp for a 200kg bike is already a damn good ratio but if I can shed more, I will. That being said about them lighter, even if they wouldn't be, I'd recommend then for the comfort regardless. Money well spent👍
I'll report more after extra miles. It'll be a bit later, have to do my first service first:)

um,what’s that piece of rebar handy work we are getting a glimpse of…
My DIY bike stand for rear tire, for when I have to raise the front or bike to be level, like oil change or smth. I strap rear tire to it with ratchet strap and it's being screwed to the floor so it goes nowhere. I don't have a normal workshop or a garage, 10x20ft carport tent is as good as I have so I don't have a space for a proper bike lift. Therefore I make these kind of semi-disposable gadgets that doesn't take much space and doesn't hurt to throw them out when I don't need them anymore:)

I'm back on riding report after ~500kms. Long story short- they're amazing! Long story long:
My most loved feature is adjustability. At some trips I was deliberately hitting bumps on the road just to find my preferred setting. I settled on 1 click lower from the center point towards softer side. Once I hit highway with good smooth tarmac I clicked two clicks up to stiffen up and she's golden. Within my town where city doesn't give much of a kaka about fixing roads- softer setting. Went on the road with awesome twisties- dead on middle setting is da beez kneez for me. When I was asked about my preferred riding style, weight etc when ordering them shocks, I'd say that was nailed spot on.
I got an email from GTM a while ago with concerns that I might have got slightly wrong length that I ordered. I didn't even noticed whether it was one or the other, length fits me perfect, bike rear end is at exact height I was after and there's more room to adjust that I'll ever need so I call it a win.
On them twisties, I gave my Rosetta to my buddy for few kms. I do not like sharing my girlfriends with other men but hey, it's for the greater good... LOL I just needed an opinion from an experienced rider, a mad kiwi bastard that rides Gixxers all of his life... He haven't ridden V7 with stock suspension but said that this what a good quality suspension is. We both agreed that front forks are too soft and cheap as well but that'll be a different story for Matris thread.
Overall I'm super happy, money well spent and worth every penny👍

Back