• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

Android said:
Guessing its the Pits/start at the Isle of Man.....not around June
Correct, but it was two weeks ago. They're into the preparations, started trimming back the verges. Some of the riders are starting to visit and refresh their memory of the circuit. Practice starts in a couple of weeks.

Android said:
I did this one in the dark when it was foggy........went back the next day to see what I had missed

TopofCowpass2_zpsac4884cf.jpg
It's the McStelvio Pass, see page 23 of this topic. :D
Though I wouldn't want to do it in the dark or fog! :shock:

Yes ...The Cow Pass..... It was my first time ....a friend had crashed out lower down and I had waited with him till he was safely recovered then I continued onto our camp at Applecross.

I guessed it had been done before ..... but its the only road pictures I have that you would recognise

Naming the road would be good; but, I think I'll accept even just the name of the river

photo124.JPG

Didn't mean to keep it hanging for so long. It's the Loire River--the longest river in France. That's Le Berry on the far side, which is just an extension of Gien on the side I'm standing.

It's the type of road most of us prefer to avoid, but here, there's not much else to choose from. No matter; it's a beautiful route. Name it.

photo209.JPG

It's not PCH?
Hey Todd! Out of Honey Dew on Mattole Road, south of Ferndale. My brother and I have explored the Lost Coast on enduros and this time on road bikes. It's like you've left California and gone back 50 years. Take Mattole Road off of the 101 north of Weott and follow it out to the coast. You'll go thru Honey Dew and Petrolia and end up at the beach. We sat and watched a Bald Eagle split a seal lunch with some vultures. The trip ended in Blue Lake at the Mad River Brewing Company with our youngest brother.
The whole Lost Coast area is a trip. Highway 1 turns in towards the 101 north of Fort Bragg and just where it heads north east there is Usal Road, a great dirt road that hugs the coast for almost 30 miles. No pavement. We did it in March 3 years ago (on an XR400 and DRZ) just after a big rain storm. Mud to the axles, rain, fog, elk and numerous excursions over the bars. What an adventure. You end up at Shelter Cove but can extend it all the way into Honey Dew along King's Peak Road (I haven't tried that one yet). Between Shelter Cove and Point Gorda there aren't any paved roads, hence the 'Lost Coast'.

Well, then. I'm quite sure that one person, at least, will get this one right off...

photo369.JPG

(by the way, the earlier freeway cut through the hill is I-70 in Utah.)

Well, then. I'm quite sure that one person, at least, will get this one right off...

photo369.JPG
That could be anywhere near me but for those yellow lines. Where uses yellow in the middle of the road? Europe is white, except, I think Norway? maybe NZ?
I bet the suspensions takes a thump at that bend in the dip!

That could be anywhere near me but for those yellow lines. Where uses yellow in the middle of the road? Europe is white, except, I think Norway? maybe NZ?
I bet the suspensions takes a thump at that bend in the dip!

The U.S. uses yellow for center line markings on two-way roads, but I can't say that this is in the U.S.

I didn't mean that to be a tricky one. It's the road along the lost coast of California; from nearly the same spot as the other shot (by firefly)--I assumed that firefly would know it immediately.

so, here's one that you might be able to guess by the colors. Note; in the U.S. the center stripe is yellow and the side stripes are white. In this country, things are reversed.

photo281.JPG

I think naming the country is sufficient.

No; New Zealand is white sides and white center stripes with a yellow no-passing line. Keep trying.

Back