• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi paint sub-par?

Ken you can see Trout's current bikes in his signature line.
2013 Griso SE 12V, 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2001 Guzzi Jackal 1100, 89 Guzzi Mille GT 1000

As for the paint quality I have had 3 Guzzis, 2007 Norge, 2014 1400 Tour and currently a 2012 Norge. I would only put their pain on PAR, not below. I sold and worked on Hondas for 20 years and I saw good and bad paint. Probably the worst was a 1978 black CB750K model. That was before the advent of microfibre cloth and you would scratch them on the showroom with a terrycloth towel and polish. My Guzzi paint never has given me a problem but then I am not very picky. I really wish my Norge was white instead of black as I really like the white, I keep wondering if I should repaint it next winter but that is some cash and I would have to decide on a color.

Trout,
What Guzzi do you own now?
What do you like about it?
Any issues?

Just got the Griso & love riding it. Feels very light but solid in corners or triple digit speeds. Engine is very smooth and like most Guzzi's the power band above 4800 is is is wellll just one big smile.

The Jackal is also a very fun bike. I like it 'cause it has a bobber/cruiser look but the heart of a Guzzi. It's fun to surprise younger sport bike riders who just see another old grey beard on his cruiser.

My favorite is the Mille GT, a 1989 carbed 1000cc. I can't tell you why I like it so much but cruising her at 80 mph, listening to the engine, just tooling along gives me so much satisfaction.

The Vic is a very solid dependable bike. The first 25,000 miles I really put her to the test and she came through very well. Now with her I am just another old grey beard cruiser/bagger guy but I know what she is capable of, back in the day we called it a "sleeper".

IMG 0976

Trout,
The Griso must be fast. My local Kawasaki dealer said "Griso"? When I told everyone I was buying a Guzzi. He thought I should go with power and that rush you get going fast in a straight line but he's a drag racer so go figure.
I said, no, I'm done with fast in a straight line.
I do like torque and power and some speed that comes from smooth flow. The V7 gives me all that but I do wonder what that Griso can do.
I have a cousin who lives down near you. He's a hard core Harley guy. He owns a home on the Tail of the Dragon and rents it out to motorcyclists. Perhaps you run into him at rallys there locally.

I think my Guzzi, which is my first one, is special because of the engine and drift shaft and it's just different from my other rides which causes me to smile and be very satisfied riding it. I think at times I prefer it over my Heritage.
Once it's truly warm here in Illinois the Guzzi will be my full time riding bike.

Ken you can see Trout's current bikes in his signature line.
2013 Griso SE 12V, 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour, 2001 Guzzi Jackal 1100, 89 Guzzi Mille GT 1000

As for the paint quality I have had 3 Guzzis, 2007 Norge, 2014 1400 Tour and currently a 2012 Norge. I would only put their pain on PAR, not below. I sold and worked on Hondas for 20 years and I saw good and bad paint. Probably the worst was a 1978 black CB750K model. That was before the advent of microfibre cloth and you would scratch them on the showroom with a terrycloth towel and polish. My Guzzi paint never has given me a problem but then I am not very picky. I really wish my Norge was white instead of black as I really like the white, I keep wondering if I should repaint it next winter but that is some cash and I would have to decide on a color.

I think the Norge is a good looking bike. If I were into "sport tour" that would be my choice.
However, I think my next purchase will be the new Ducati XDiavel. Just gotta have one.
But, that will be a take to the straight track bike because I must know how fast I can ride it in a straight line.
At 55 years of age I'm to a point where just one more fast bike and I'm good.

Plenty of guys around here picking up Guzzi's and going with the Norge. I can see why. Good choice.
And yes, I prefer the white ones too!

However, I think my next purchase will be the new Ducati XDiavel. Just gotta have one.

Just remember what service will cost you on that Duc they are not a cheap bike to own or maintain.

Griso isn't fast by todays standards & in general Guzzi's are not considered to be fast bikes they are just very fun to ride.

I generally don't go to biker events or rally's. I don't socialize well around folks who have to constantly prove how "biker" they are.
I just like to ride.

Just remember what service will cost you on that Duc they are not a cheap bike to own or maintain.

Griso isn't fast by todays standards & in general Guzzi's are not considered to be fast bikes they are just very fun to ride.

I generally don't go to biker events or rally's. I don't socialize well around folks who have to constantly prove how "biker" they are.
I just like to ride.

I agree with you. When I ride to the Harley dealership sometimes there's a guy there who likes to brag. He calls bike riders who pay the dealership to bolt on parts "check book bikers" because he does all the engine stuff himself don't you know.

I've found that there really is a bias at the Harley events against anything that isn't Harley so I just listen and tend to stay to myself.
When we went out to Sturgis this year I was surprised to see mostly Harley's to the point that I was bored. I came back and bought my first Guzzi. I don't like "cookie cutter" and that is what Sturgis seemed like.
The funny thing is that Indian motorcycles is what started Sturgis and Harley took it over. Given Indian died back in the 1950's I guess fair game but it never was Harley to begin with.
I hope Polaris Indian can regain some strong presence out in Sturgis.

It's funny to me that Guzzi is unveiling their new Flying Fortress out there this year. Why? Most of those folks are just old fart riders who are moving towards trikes. We saw more trikes in Deadwood and Sturgis area than I thought I would. Good for them, they are still riding but many were Honda 1800 Goldwings. LOL. It's an old rally that is not inclusive and not family friendly. Motorcycling in general in a family friendly sport and should be enjoyed by all in my opinion, not just the 1%er's.

When I rode my V7 to the first "Thunder on the Lot" at our Harley dealership I had the only guzzi there. Everyone thought it was a vintage bike I had redone. I got to tell them, no it was new and from a dealer in our state. Many loved it and no one disrespected it. I wanted them to think outside the HD box and look at other nice product that isn't a Japanese bike they would spit on. When the outlaw gang showed up I was hoping they wouldn't push my bike over. They didn't they came over and looked at it and were glad I had ridden it in. I could have ridden my Heritage but instead my Guzzi stood out.

I have found at the local bike nights and at stops long the road where Harleys were parked that the Guzzi is not considered a threat and highly tolerated. Almost always I get positive response for riding one. Even the Tour which got several comments that it looked a lot like a Road Glide but was a really nice looking bike.

Back