Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

GUZZI VIN Decoder

Discussion in 'Chat & Tech Info' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 21, 2011.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Using the info below, Y = year as outlined below.

A = 1980
    B = 1981
    incrementally to; Y = 2000
    1 = 2001
    2 = 2002
    incrementally to; 9 = '09
    A = 2010
    B = 2011
    C = 2012
    D = 2013
    E = 2014
    F = 2015
    G = 2016
    H = 2017
    I = Not used as to be confused by a number 1
    J = 2018
    K = 2019
    L = 2020
    Incrementally to; Y = 33

VIN.jpg

2. Supaflee

Supaflee Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks for that info .
    Supaflee

3. MotoWally

MotoWally Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I just bought a barn find at auction, and I am thrilled about getting it going, but first I need to get it titled. It has a tag on the neck that says "Jan 1972" Then, frame number is 50315, and engine number, on the side of the block, says 50315 VP. I can't seem to find a decoder for this old bird, and I would like to know what I've got. Also, is that all the VIN number there is ? I can't find anything else on the frame, other than "MOTO GUZZI" stamped on the right side by the riveted tag. Any help would be appreciated ! :D

Thanks ! Robert
    rwtools@att.net

4. organfixsing

organfixsing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

G'day Todd,
    The number of my Breva (purchased 2005) has an X for the production date, i.e.:
    ZGULP000X5M etc.
    This seems to me that they may have continued using alphabetical until 2006.
    I assume that my machine was manufactured in 2004 and sold as a 2005 model, or maybe I am a year out in my calculation.

Cheers
    Brian

5. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Guzzi only used a serial number for many years. I don't think they went to VIN until late 70s or 1980s. Congratulations on finding a matching number barn find. Which bike were you luck enough to acquire? If she has been sitting for awhile there are some things that need special attention for that vintage machine. Ask your questions in the Tonti and Loop section.

6. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Thanks for the decoder! Handy to understand.

I do remember when there was nothing but a serial number. I remember the serial number on the '64 Lamborghini 350GT I owned in the 1970s ... "0102" : Series 01, chassis 02. Simple. The engine was similar: 0111 ... series 01, number 11. Gosh, that was a long long time ago.

7. ardexx

ardexx Just got it firing!

My ultra-factory-fresh V9 Bobber has VIN ZGULHH004JM0005XX. I suppose they skipped the 'I' as MY2018 identifier. Or they are well on schedule with the 2019 production...

8. briguy33

briguy33 Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Hey guys.. I have a related question..

I just bought my first Guzzi (first bike in general, new rider) off Craigslist.. Emailed the guy at 3am and picked up the bike the next morning at 10am, so didn't do the research I should have and since I was really only looking for a Triumph I knew next to nothing about MG. Anyways, it was listed as a 2015 V7 ii Stone, I did look that year up and knew it had ABS but I did notice the Craigslist listing didn't have ABS, wasn't a deal breaker for me it was a good deal and I wanted it as soon as I saw it.

Now that I have it, looking at parts, manuals and stuff I started to realize that I didn't think this was a 2015, but a 2014. I checked the VIN and it comes up as a 2015 but the stamped date on the head stock says 5-2014. Again, not a deal breaker but as I start looking for custom parts/accessories I am a bit confused on what to order. Also, if I ever decide to sell her I should know what to say.

Any advice or insight?

guzzi_left.jpg guzzi_date.jpg
    guzzi_vin.jpg

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019