• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzitech Board:

zoom zoom

Tuned and Synch'ed
I'm glad to see the board back up in this incarnation. I realize everyone is different, but that last one was kind of a pain to navigate. I like this.

Couple of items I'm trying to figure out. I don't know if it's me of the board. When I get to the bottom of a page, the "go" button is not taking me back to the category page I'm in. Also, I notice that in a few minutes of inactivity, I need to log in again.

I tried to look for settings on my part that may have anything to do with these items. Is it me or is the board still getting some kinks worked out?

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Hi John, thanks for the input. Largely, we are at the mercy of "Fireboard" -- the "open source" Freeware that this Forum rides on, that allows us to modify the code to see fit to our liking/needs... HOWEVER, this takes WADS of time (that I, or no one I knows has extra these days), so we ride along as delivered outside of visual changes, which are fairly easy.

As to the timeout settings, this is done on the Admin side of things but we open the door to some ugly stuff by extending this time line. Be sure to copy/paste to a clipboard for long edits before your post or preview.

Our goal is to keep the interface simple and secure, free of spammers/hackers and the like. So far, so good.

If there are programmers here interested in donating time for "fixes" please PM me(!).

This board has never timed out on me. I can walk away from the PC and come back hours later and still be logged on. I'm using IE.

Rugar wrote:
This board has never timed out on me. I can walk away from the PC and come back hours later and still be logged on. I'm using IE.

Same here with FireFox.

Humm, I too am using IE. Earlier today, I was reading the reviev of the 1200S from the link that was posted here. Then the review on the Vintage. Every time I came back to the other tab, (IE7), I needed to log back in again.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

zoom zoom wrote:
Humm, I too am using IE. Earlier today, I was reading the reviev of the 1200S from the link that was posted here. Then the review on the Vintage. Every time I came back to the other tab, (IE7), I needed to log back in again.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

I use Safari and initially was experiencing frequent log outs. When I Checked the "Remember my login" or something like that, the problem of frequent log outs disappeared.

Don't think it's an Explorer or Firefox thing. I'm using both, also using MacOS, XP and Linux from different computers.
Being logged out or loosing postings while writing happens once in a while from just everything.

But, OTOH, I'm very far from being a computer wizard.:blush:

NeroGuzzi wrote:
When I Checked the "Remember my login" or something like that, the problem of frequent log outs disappeared.
This is a very important step if you do not want to experience frequent log-ins. Leaving it unchecked will give "time-outs" often. Hope that helps, and please keep the small donations coming... they have been helpful.

Re:Guzzitech Board: subscriptions not being sent??

Anyone else not getting emails on new posts having been made to subscribed-to threads, since earlier today?

Rene, I have noticed that when you reply to a thread you are not automatically subscribed to that thread as in other forums, is it just me ? can it be done to do that ?

AFAIK, that's the way it is with the current board software. It's one of the features I really miss, along with an automatic login screen when necessary and that takes you back to whatever you tried to do (reply, load the list of posts since your last visit, ...) after a successful login.

If you use the reply function (green button) instead of the blue quick-reply, there's a tick-box to subscribe.

Back