• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GuzziTech Griso exhaust+airbox+PCV review

abhishekit

Just got it firing!
This is a short review of Guzzitech modifications for 2013 Griso 8V. This is my experience, based on 1600 miles in 35 days of ownership. Your mileage may vary. I got the mods done between 800 to 900 miles. I have ridden about 700 miles after the mods. Mods that I have:
1. Guzzitech titanium carbon muffler, the short one (https://www.guzzitech.com/store/produc ... pathway-30).
2. ECU reflash
3. Open air-box kit
4. PCV
Everything was installed by Todd.

My experience - the response is unbelievable. Throughout the rpm range, in any gear, bike just propels forward. I had a Triumph Daytona 675 for 6 years before Griso. For those of you who don't know about that Triumph bike, it is one of the best middleweight sports bikes in the market. In many comparisons, Triumph Daytona 675 comes out as the best, closely beating Kawasaki ZX-6R. Let me just say, that after the modifications I don't miss the Triumph. The reponse of Griso 'feels' as good as that.

Why did I go for the modifications?
On the stock Griso, I loved the response from 5000rpm onwards. Between 5-7.5k rpm bike just zoomed. A complete pleasure.
But the response between 1-4k rpm in first and second gear felt a bit flat. Specially, when compared to the daytona.

The process of modifications
Step 1. First we just added the muffler and airbox kit. No PCV at this stage. The response between 1k and 4k showed immediate improvement. It was no longer flat.One of the problems that was noticeable was popping when you leave the gas. Also, the response at higher rpm was not good. It sputtered at rpm above 6000.

Step 2
After a few days I went back and Todd installed the PCV. There was again a noticeable change (for good). Response in 1st and 2nd gear as soon as you take the throttle was unbelievable. Bike wanted to propel forward even before you take the throttle. But the problem above 6000 rpm continued. It sputtered as rpm rose above 6k.

Step 3
Further adjustments. I stopped by Todd's place again after a long 700 mile ride. Since the PCV was installed, it was easy to see what is going on at 6k. Todd readjusted some settings. And Voila! Now you can goto all the way to the red line in any gear (including first), and the bike just goes and goes. No hesitation, no surge, no flat spots.

Customer service
For those of you who have met Todd, you probably already know this. He is very helpful and goes out of his way to make sure you are comfortable. I was very circumspect with the modification process because of warranty implications. And Todd made sure that I have the full guarantee in case anything goes wrong.

Since the modifications, I also got the 900 miles service done from Todd. Everything was done as per the manual for very reasonable cost.

Some concerns
This is not a fan review. I have been objective about the experience. Once concern I have is the effect on fuel mileage (and any negative effect on the engine as a result). I keep detailed logs of fuel from day 1.
1. Before any modifications, I was getting around 30 mpg in the city - with most riding in 2nd and 3rd. Hardly any 4th gear.
2. After putting the modifications, I got a max of 38 on 100% freeway riding in 5th gear around 80 mph. At 90mph on 6th gear, I got 34 mpg.
3. After the latest round of readjustments, the mileage for city dropped to 25mpg. But some of the riding in this cycle was done before the adjustment. My hope is that in the next cycle, the mileage for city goes back to 30 mpg.

So the fuel mileage is something I will continue monitoring. And would update this thread if some thing is off.

Overall, my experience has been very positive. And the change in the response is just too good. If you meet him, you will know that Todd is genuinely excited in making your bike run better rather than making money off you. That's the best part.

cheers,

Abhi

Abhi, thanks for the post, and I'm happy to get the bike completely sorted for you. Thanks for your time with it.

You'll find that once you stop enjoying all of the new found power, your mileage will return. Also, these motors take ~10k miles to be fully broken in, and only then will you really start getting great fuel mileage. My Stelvio gets pretty consistent low to mid-40's, and that includes canyon romps to and from my garage door as you know.

See you again soon.

I know the G11 is a different animal, but are similar gains possible there too?

Back