• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Handguards

flipper

Tuned and Synch'ed
Here are some details and pics of the handguards I have fitted.
They are for a KTM adventure and cost me £36 about 6months ago.
I am sure I can remember someone else who fitted guards that are for an Aprilia Dorsoduro.
They were pretty straight forward to fit without to much fiddling about.

HGrd3.jpg

HGrd2.jpg

HGrd1.jpg

Did the bar end spacers and hardware come with the guards as a kit, or did you have to piece-order the attaching bits? (Or custom-fabricate?)

Looks good!

Everything needed came in the Handguards packet.
I removed the OEM bar end weights.

My dealer fitted the Aprilia Dorsoduo hand guards as the MG ones weren't then available. Bad decision!
They also had to fit the Aprilia bar ends which cost another £20 odd plus they are half the height of the genuine parts and so offer less weather protection. Stick with the OEMs if you can get hold of them.

Yep the Aprilia ones are narrower. Havent seen the OEM ones till now.
The KTM ones are pretty wide and arent too expensive. I could have probably refitted the end weights with a longer bolt but didnt see the need. To me end weights sticking out past handguards look odd.
They are wide enough to offer very good weather protection.
Any KTM dealer should have these in stock.
I remember a post showing the Aprilia guards and I thought they looked good also.

Here is a pic of the Aprilia ones, and a pic of the OEM ones, their chunky, £55.
Aprilia20Dorsoduro20Black.jpg

OEM
Stelvio_hand_guards.jpg

I think these are the same as mine - without the big spoiler

They fit !
here are my parts: (Touratech-Numbers)

1. Multiplo hand protectors
without conversion fixing kit or spoilers (. Nr. 01-041-1201-0) £86.69

2. spoiler big (.Nr. 01-141-1353-0) ca 20,- €

3. Articulated conversion fixing kit for
Multiplo hand protectors for
Magura X-line/Renthal Fat Bar handlebars (Art. Nr. 01-041-1276-0) £47.78

cu
bavarian

I have the KTM guards, as flipper says about £36, got mine online from Thorne KTM, the Guzzi ones were'nt available at the time, but looking at them I would'nt be able to fit through my gate with them on !

Hey there Flipper, nice to meet you. I like the look of your handguards. They seem 2 cover more of the hand than the orginals and they are the same color as the paint. I also have a black one which i picked up a couple weeks ago. I love it. Tell me. These handguards are they for the KTM 990 Adventure? I found some from this website for $50 as apposed to $199 and they seem to look nicer. Do I need to purchase anything else will it come with everythingk I need to install them cleanly?

This is the website i found if your interested in checking them out.

http://store.ktmtwins.com/6000207910030.html

Thanks,
Gigio

Gigio

Yep thats the ones, all that was needed came in the packet.
Its a cracking price for a nice item.
I didnt refit the bar end weights, this hasnt been a problem.
If in any doubt drive your bike to the KTM dealer and ask him if you can check they fit. My local KTM dealer let me do this and even let me open the packet to check.
They are a nice simple clean fit. Must have took me no more than 20 mins to fit.

Hey Flipper, I just recieved those KTM handguards and I tried installing them but could not figure it out. Do you think you could help me out?

I looked at your photo's to get an idea and the long insert that goes int the bar seems to small in diameter. It fits loosely.

Thanks

Enjoy riding it again. BTW, the KTM handguards look great. My bike is sitting in my garage becuase piaggio has a back order on the oil filters. I am due for the 1st service/oil change.

Gigio wrote:
Enjoy riding it again. BTW, the KTM handguards look great. My bike is sitting in my garage becuase piaggio has a back order on the oil filters. I am due for the 1st service/oil change.

There are about 15 oil filters that fit the Stelvio, some are M/C specific others are car specfic. A Fram PH6022 m/c filter will fit fine, it also fits a Harley Davidson, also a Fram PH3614 auto filter with the black Sure grip in orange fits as well.

I am at work now and do not have the complete list with me but I will post it later. Having your bike sit for a backorder oil filter is just plain stupid. :blink: :angry:

Tell me about it, it's really stupid. I actually am going this weekend down to Long Beach and having the service done their. thanks for the info.

Back