• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Handlebars too wide - options?

alphaBETAdog

Just got it firing!
I find the handlebars on my '09 just too wide and somewhat uncomfortable. They are 33" wide (not counting the weights) but I would like them to be about 2" narrower. Even my dirt bikes don't have this wide of bars. I've always known that a good way to determine how wide the bars should be is to do a few pushups and measure the distance of the span you naturally position.

I just happened to have a ATV "fat bar" which amazingly seemed to have exactly the same bend as the Stelvio's. The "fat" portion at the clamps is 1-1/8" which is slightly larger than the stock bars which are 28mm and will not work in the clamps.

Anyone have any leads on some narrower bars?

modnese said:
Here is one option:
http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=3018
Contrary to the description, I didn't find this bar particularly narrow, low or sporty on the V7C.

If you think these might work PM me. I have a mint take-off bar.
I'm sure we could work something out.
Jim

Jim, thanks for the suggestion. The bend might work, but the description says they are 7/8" bars rather than the needed "fat bars" that are 28mm at the clamps and taper out to 7/8" at the grip area. Are yours like this? If so, would be interested.

Steve

V7 bars are 7/8" fully. They will not work.

Try a search here on an Aprilia Mana bar or perhaps a '04-05 V11 Sport bar, these have the bigger diameter in the middle, and are narrower from memory.

Also, many of us have used the Pro-Taper 1.125" bar with no issues.

Sorry Steve, my bad. I was thinking mine were 28mm but Todd's right. Mine are 22MM the entire length.

GT-Rx said:
V7 bars are 7/8" fully. They will not work.

Try a search here on an Aprilia Mana bar or perhaps a '04-05 V11 Sport bar, these have the bigger diameter in the middle, and are narrower from memory.

Also, many of us have used the Pro-Taper 1.125" bar with no issues.

I checked out and measured up a Aprilia Mana bar (among others) at a local dealer and have one on the way. Seems to have the same bend, perhaps slightly higher, but the wanted narrower width of 30.5". I ordered it and will report back once I get it installed.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Re: Handlebars too wide - Update!

Installed some Aprilia Mana handlebars yesterday on my Stelvio. They fit very well and have nearly the same bend but are 29" wide instead of the stock 33". (see photo) The switchgear indexing hole on the right side was in the correct position, but I had to drill another hole for the right side switchgear. I like them. I also installed the MG handguards that fit perfectly. Seems to be a good mod for me making it more comfortable.

DSC02652.jpg

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

Back