• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

happy-er feet

mechanicsavant

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
For a number of reasons I stand on the pegs while riding(to stretch,dirt or frost heaved pavement&relief from a touch of sciatica).I found the stock foot pegs though quite stylish a bit lacking in the comfort area.when the V7III arrived (mine is a V7II) I noticed the generously cushioned foot pegs & after some research noticed only the rubber is different ,the peg is the same! Order me a pair I said to my favorite parts guru . They finally arrived ,installation took maybe 5min. I now have "happy feet" .The dis# on the part bag is 2B002225 ,I hope that helps ,I was charged $9.30 for the pair !! Enough $ left for an adult beverage!!

I just had another thought ( second cup of coffee) if you have a newer V7 &want a "sportier" look for your foot pegs swap out the dowdy but cushy foot peg rubbers for the 16&earlier rubbers , plus they're lighter ,you'll be faster . And less than a $20 bill !! Also while the rubbers are off you can fit lean angle feelers to the pegs , just be sure to grind down the feelers to impress the ooglers@ the rock store.

Racer has metal pegs with no rubber cushions. I have no problem standing on them with my shoes or boots on, they're nice and grippy and my feet do not slip, but I was fussing around with the bike doing a headlight adjustment while wearing my gym shorts the other day and my leg brushed the footpeg. Doggonit, they've got sharp edges! Put a row of bleeding scrapes into the side of my calf. My podiatrist saw them yesterday and thought I'd crashed on my bicycle... :D

I'm going to have to get some emery cloth and smooth out the ends of the footpegs, polish it a little. I'm in shorts most all the time I'm not riding...!

Let the Dr. Assume he's correct "dang dangerous bicycles". I learned long ago to not mentioned the M/C word if possible. As a young Mxer an orthopedic surgeon said to me when I questioned the outcome of a recent " procedure "I don't know why I even bothered ,you ride a m/c your just going to screw it up again". Back to the subject. I looked at mid size bikes for 2yrs. before I pulled the trigger on a V7 II stone ,foot pegs were part of the equation ,racer & Ducati scrambler have similar pegs ,at the time the duc pegs also had a breakage problem ! Ooww. That plus luggage factors negated that scoot ,but lordy they're pretty . M-G V7 specials were a temptation but no spoke wheels w/tubes were a deal breaker. Plus for the price difference (I can paint my stone for way less than the $$ of refitting wheels & cleaning cast wheels is a breeze . see ya on the road !

Let the Dr. Assume he's correct "dang dangerous bicycles". I learned long ago to not mentioned the M/C word if possible. As a young Mxer an orthopedic surgeon said to me when I questioned the outcome of a recent " procedure "I don't know why I even bothered ,you ride a m/c your just going to screw it up again".

I’ve gotten pretty lucky with my doctors: My orthopedic surgeon is a bicyclist and motorcycle rider, he was all over me to see pictures of my electric fat bike when I bought it and was oohing and aahing over Racer when I showed him a picture the other day. My urologist and all of his nurses all came out to the parking lot to see Racer yesterday. My primary care physician, when I showed her the photo of Racer, said: “Wow, that bike is gorgeous. I’m so happy I was able to help you get back to doing what you love! It’s an inspiration to me.”

Not all doctors are A__holes. I fire the ones who are. :D

Back to the subject. I looked at mid size bikes for 2yrs. before I pulled the trigger on a V7 II stone ,foot pegs were part of the equation ,racer & Ducati scrambler have similar pegs ,at the time the duc pegs also had a breakage problem ! Ooww. That plus luggage factors negated that scoot ,but lordy they're pretty . M-G V7 specials were a temptation but no spoke wheels w/tubes were a deal breaker. Plus for the price difference (I can paint my stone for way less than the $$ of refitting wheels & cleaning cast wheels is a breeze . see ya on the road !

The wire wheels are a pain to clean but they’re pretty. Tubes/no tubes ... eh? No difference to me, really. This isn’t a state of the art race replica rocket, it’ll work just fine—like my 850T and so many other bikes do.

The Scrambler simply didn’t work for me at all. I’m so happy I traded it in for Racer!

Glad to hear of your positive experience w/medical community , when I had my "incident" I was seventeen ,a minor sooo my father was in control also orthopedic procedures have come a long way since 1968. At that time joint replacement & such was still over the horizon ! Only elite athletes had access to joint reconstruction as it was experimental ! Since then if gotten ( thankfully) a decent medical team around me . But enough of that ,back to topic . Rode over 200 mi. yesterday in lovely fall weather with no discomfort ,reduced vibration through the pegs & M-G gel seat . I'll probably ride today too ,after chores of course. My biggest issue w/inner tube type wheels is bloody flats,I inspect tires,fluids,lights before every ride & on rare occasions have managed to pick up "foreign objects" in tire ,stuff happens in the course of 300k+ miles. Being able to use my mini compressor % plug kit has bailed me out a number of times &allowed me to assist other poor souls. Ciao for now ,gotta get them chores behind me so I can get an open road in front of me!

Back