• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

harmonic high pitch

tigertom

Just got it firing!
I have a 2010 silver Stelvio. I bought new and it has 850 miles now. It had to have the fuel gauge would not register to the top so it was fixed under warranty. It also ha a rear rim nipple replaced because I was losing air in the rear tire.
I did not realize it and rode the bike one time to work with about 15# of pressure. My question is when I am going down the freeway at 70-75 typically I can here a harmonic pitch when I turn my head to the rear. Is this normal for the Sync's tires? Is this the Carc? Did I damage my tire running it that low for 50 miles? Just want to make sure it is not my rear end or if it is normal. It seems to be more tire noise as it seems to happen at higher speeds. Please advise , Tom

I don't know of any common issue that would do that.

I would suspect the tires first. But I would also note any changes. Maybe raise or lower the tire pressure a bit just to see if that changes it.

Could it be a combination of rain grooves in the road and simply that your tire has worn a bit? The low tire may have left you a bit "sensitive" to the whole situation.
When my Norge was new I had a bad valve stem core which was easily replaced by me as going to dealer for such a thing would be troublesome.

Somebody told me to ride it and then check and see if the tire temp feels the same front and back.If the rear tire is alot warmer I may have damaged the sidewall? Maybe it is normal noise and I am paranoid since I know I ran it low.
I should have my wife drive the car along side me on the freeway and see if she can hear it?.

If the bike rides well, negotiates changes in direction well, does not have bumping vibrations, and the tires look normal you probably have no reason to worry. I think your biggest risk when riding at such a low pressure would have been damaging the rim if you hit a sharp edged hole or bump. Keep riding and inspect the tire closely when you check the pressure.

If you pull in the clutch and let the engine idle at the high speed, does the noise stop?

BTW, it may also be the normal buzzing of the disk brake pads over the holes on the rotors.

I'm not sure what a "harmonic pitch" sounds like but one of my helmets produces a high pitched "whistle" which turns on and off according to which way I'm facing - just a slight turn away from straight ahead stops it - you say you hear this noise when you turn your head so maybe it's a similar effect and nothing to do with your bike.

Lofty

....mine too...mirrors can vibrate in their 'cases'...rubber bands stuffed into edges...eliminated the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Back