Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Have you been good boys while I was away? :D

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by Zapa, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

I think it's been 3 years+ since I last wrote (or read) in these boards. Much has changed in my life, except that I keep working my ass off :lol:
    I stopped torturing myself with motorbikes after I broke my left arm in 2010. I did not want to read, or hear about them, because I could not enjoy them! (for those wondering, no, I didn't crash. I had a working accident ;) )
    It took me 8 months to recover my arm, and almost 18 to have the strength back. I rode 500Km that next year and then everything when upside down and I hadn't touch my Guzzi until yesterday.

It's been 500Km done since July 25th 2010. Hah! :laugh:

Just yesterday I installed a new Motobatt in my 12S. I was stupidly nervous when I turned the key, pretty much like the day I brought her home, back in 2007.
    I remember leaving her topped off gas, no battery, brand new Michelin Roads and a superb motorbike cover to keep dust off her. So there she was, unchanged, untouched, inert.

With a turn, the clocks went on. Everything was on zero, except the Km counter: 34865. I checked my manual stepper motor choke was open and pressed the starter. The starter engine tried 5 times and the engine stalled. Second press with a hint of gas and... God. The building's garage was like a friggin opera house reverberating those mighty notes.

You can abandon them, even for two full years and they'll be there waiting for you, like a trusty dog. One you can ride on ;)

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Hey stranger! Welcome back!

I too have had a succession of mishaps the last few years; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/170/7832#p59030 -- but I was back in the saddle ASAP.

Great post, thanks... and glad to have you back on board, in every way.

3. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

Glad to be back, Todd! :D