• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hazard lights on!

Norling

Just got it firing!
Hi!
Nice to be here!I have a problem with the hazard lights, its always on and its is ECU warnig in the dashboard( cabels disconected to the ECU):S Have can a remove this from the dashbord and turn of the hazard lights???The all started when the bike had not bein started for 1 monhts.Sorry for my bad speeling:(

You will need the service code for your bike https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... =30&id=118 to remove the dash errors. Go to the service menu on your dash to clear the errors. However, I'd make sure all my connectors have good contact (disconnect, clean then re connect) before clearing the fault. As for the Hazard lights, I've only seen that when the dash gets wet (it stopped once everything dried out) so I'm afraid I can't help you with that.

Don't worry about the spelling. It is close enough for us to get the picture.

Tank you for your help John! I shell try what you said.Have a great weekend!Ciao!

Now i have logged in with the servic code.I had no ecu errors but a dash board error ,number 2 activite and in memory.I rest this errors but i have still the problems!!When a go to updets in the service menu, its says at now a can use some test instrumet and locate the failer! :S

Norling wrote:
Now i have logged in with the servic code.I had no ecu errors but a dash board error ,number 2 activite and in memory.I rest this errors but i have still the problems!!When a go to updets in the service menu, its says at now a can use some test instrumet and locate the failer! :S

I believe the manual is directing you to hook up to an Axone. I'm not sure this would help. There is the possibility that the hazard switch has failed. Dashboard error 2 is the Immobilizer fault, key not read. So I don't believe the fault is related to the hazard flashing.

Hi!
I took a closer look on the dashbord and it stod that dash was disabled.Now you can insert a tool and down in the screen it stod APMG0021!!???Is this a tool or a part!?

I must ask a stupied quastien,wear is tha hazard button on a griso:huh: On of the fuses go to the hazard button,but i cant find it!!!

I vaguely recall having seen something like APMG0021 on my own dashboard LCD screen, just after trying to start off a jump-starter. Luckily it went away in my case, but if you're seeing a message or screen that clearly is not meant to be seen under normal circumstances, something might be very wrong. Either with the dashboard, or with the ECU, or both. There have been cases documented on this board, solved by installing a new dashboard or ECU.

Somehow, I also think I've read about a problem with the flashers similar to yours. Have a look on the archived predecessor of this board, here's the search function.

Question. Normally, if you activate the hazard flashers and turn off the bike, they keep flashing. Does this happen to you? If so, you may have a faulty switch. If not, something else must be the case, I think.

In any case, I'd suggest that you take the bike to a dealer if you cannot find the issue yourself, ESPECIALLY if your bike is still under warranty. You do not want to void that warranty by meddling with things that you don't understand completely!

Norling wrote:
I must ask a stupied quastien,wear is tha hazard button on a griso:huh: On of the fuses go to the hazard button,but i cant find it!!!

Interesting question. According to the owners manuals here http://www.servicemotoguzzi.com/public/ ... 20850-1100 The Griso doesn't have hazard flashers. Look for a button with a red triangle on it is my only suggestion at this point.

Tank you for your help! Yes i have warrenty so take it to the dealer.When the bikes running the hazard lights go off.Its strenght that have a hazard light when cant find it!!??To get the hazard light off i remove 30A fuse.It all started after i washed the bike but it stod for 1 monthes before i started it.Woudent the dash dried out!!

Do the hazard lights have a dedicated fuse, or at least one shared with other lights? A 30A fuse seems way to big to protect small bulbs...

How did you wash the bike? Karcher or similar high-pressure spout? Never do that on a bike...!

So in this case, one last thing you can try is to undo all electrical connectors you can reach easily (! one by one !), spray some contact spray or WD40 on the contacts, and then re-establish the connection. With a bit of luck, your issue is just corrosion somewhere where moisture got between 2 contacts and where you can remove it. I'd say start with the dashboard connectors, given that you get that weird error message.

The 30A fuse is sheard with other lights.No i have reguler pressur when a washed the bike.Its was litle foggy under the screen to the dash after i have washed the bike. I hope you have right,i try to spray the contects and then will see.

Just for the record, Grisos don't have the hazard light function so there's no switch.
Pete

guzzler wrote:
Just for the record, Grisos don't have the hazard light function so there's no switch.
Pete

He must have quite the gremlin for all his turn signals to be flashing all the time. There may be a control circuit, but no external switch (like the Breva et al) to activate and de-activate the function. I'm wondering if the wires for a switch may be present and have provided continuity to activate that function.

Yikes (to not having hazard lights, and the gremlin).

As an aside: is the Griso available in Indonesia (is any Guzzi??) ... there, you are supposed to use them in intersections when continuing straight ahead (which, in a way, makes a lot of sense...)

Not at all helpful, but I hope it does have the the circuit, I want to upgrade to later Aprilia swithes (which look a lot more user friendly).
Sorry to be selfish!
Good luck!
Pete

I think Brain has got it right. I had the "hazzard" light warning together with the oilcan light once. That the warning for low oilpressure.
To me it was clear what had happened... After a tankstop in Sweden I slipped on some spilled diesel at the fillingstation mounting the bike. :angry: When I managed it to get it on his/her wheels again (all by myself!) and started it, these two warning lights flashed in my dashboard. I was just to quick starting it and didn't wait long enough for the oil to flow back in the carter. So after waiting a minute the "problem" was salved :)
It the same with a bad connection on the ECU. It shows the "hazzard" light warning together with the ECU, witch mean a bad cableconnection or no connection at all.
Ciao Dolf.

I havent spried the contacts yet!With hazard(Warning) llight i meen bouth turner lights flash at the same!

Back