• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Headed to the GMG 2009?

WitchCityBallabio

Cruisin' Guzzisti
RacerX wrote:
Next year, I plan to visit New Zealand and Australia early in the year... then in September, fly in to France and ride to the GMG then the rest of Italy to meet my extended family in Sicily. And if enough time, then hopefully through Spain. I'll make my travels plans well known here before I go.

We were planning on shipping the Ballabio over to Italy next year to do a 20 day or so tour culminating in a trip to the GMG. We're actually going to be going to Sicily too, to look at some property for a retirement home!

With all that's going on with the Guzzi factory closing, do you still think there will be a GMG there?

Re:Imaginary Friends?

Wife and I plan to be in the south of France with a week long side trip to Corsica, a few days in Andorra, possibly a wee trip along the Canal du Midi. Looking forward to it. :cheer: Planning ours for early summer. Avoid August if at all possible

Re:Imaginary Friends?

WitchCityBallabio wrote:
With all that's going on with the Guzzi factory closing, do you still think there will be a GMG there?
That's the multi-million Euro question I guess. ;)

Sounds like worst case scenario is that the Factory remains as a Museum... So, I would imagine that the sleepy little town might benefit in some way from all of those people once a year, unless someone here can tell me otherwise. Actually, I'd hope that Piaggio is remotely smart enough not to unplug one of the most enjoyed moto celebrations in Mandello.

Sounds like a handful of us will be over there next year, so let's continue the chat on another thread. Brian, make your plans for Sept!

Yeah, who knows?

This year there were no signs of a GMG at all.

DSC00114.jpg

Holt wrote:
Yeah, who knows? This year there were no signs of a GMG at all.
Crickets.

The "Director of Communication" from Guzzi S.p.A. was in town here a few months back, and he told me common practice was every other year, with the only exception being for the 80th Anniversary. Hopefully they will still occupy "57, via Parodi" come next year.

This stuff about the GMG being bi-anual is a load of rubbish, or at best a very recent invention. If they are saying every other year and the next is 2009, that means it is on odd years. I was there in 2006, which was the 85th not 80th as the communications guy says, they claim that was an exception.
Well I was also there in 2002, not a special year, but a full GMG took place, so how can they claim it is only on odd years? It was also on in 2001 and 2003.

This is the first year I have heard the claim that it is every other year.

patrick wrote:
This stuff about the GMG being bi-anual is a load of rubbish, or at best a very recent invention. If they are saying every other year and the next is 2009, that means it is on odd years. I was there in 2006, which was the 85th not 80th as the communications guy says, they claim that was an exception.
Well I was also there in 2002, not a special year, but a full GMG took place, so how can they claim it is only on odd years? It was also on in 2001 and 2003.

This is the first year I have heard the claim that it is every other year.

You know, after marriage even Todd got this married mans ear, also called "Selective Hearing".
He missed the ".....from now on" - part. :laugh:

Has anyone heard anything about this for this year yet? I'd like to start making tentative plans for shipping the bike over etc....

Well...

I emailed Agostini's today to see if they've heard anything and this is the response I received....

Good evening Doug.Unfortunatelly we believe that the GMG will not take place this year. At the moment nobody knows nothing and there are no signals of anything happening. If something will change I'll let you know.

Kind regards, Alis Agostini

:(

Well, well, well well!

According to an article in today's Provincia di Lecco, the 150 oldest Guzzi employes and the unions have decided to organise something for the fans in reaction to Piaggio's inactivity, and as a protest directed at Piaggio. This something will take place at the 19th of September of this year, and will be called GMG 2009.
Official announcement in the international press the 8th of July.

It’s very important to explain you (and to all people) the meaning of the day of September 19th.
Maybe you know that in the last months, Moto Guzzi had a lot of problems and the management is thinking to move the factory, away from Mandello.
In this situation, the workers, with the Trade Union, decide to fight against this possibility and we decide to organize one day to show our opinion to the management and also to the people.
The meeting is only Saturday, the factory is closed, we organize a “Support Rally” around Mandello and Lecco. There is a possibility to have a dinner and in the afternoon, there are some musical moments.
It is not a Moto Guzzi Day ! It is a Day against the decision to close the factory !
So it’s very, very important to make a lot of publicity, but it’s also important to understand the meaning of the day.
It is very important for us that a lot of people (with their Moto Guzzi) come to Mandello to help us to win for ours ideas.

Mauro Castelli – CGIL - Lombardia"

Interesting news René, thanks for posting. Now, decisions decisions...

Re:GMG = Where Eagles Fly ?!

Oh, that was you, trying to turn away the page from my screen? :silly:

Back