• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Heated Grips for Norge

MCR

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hello,
I'm interested to change the handgrip on my Norge with the Piaggio 2s000121. Someone can confirm me that the mechanical dimensions are ok for internal diameter and lenght? The issue of right hands is only for cable routing or is it neccessary trim the accelerator cables or something like this?

In the end I purchased the Piaggio MP3 grip 2s000121 for my Norge for €107. The resistance value of the old ones is 10ohm so I don't know if the power is the same as the new ones because I forgot to measure them and now it's a bit complicated because the connectors are under the fuel tank and now with 20°C temperature they don't I can make a comparison of how much they heat.
However, I am 95% satisfied, they are very easy to assemble and mechanically identical. The only issue is the wiring coming out in a horizontal direction instead of a vertical one. This is annoying when starting the engine but on the other hand prevents you from mistakenly pressing the start button instead of hazard.
Thanks to all for the info.

IMG20240523193543 IMG20240523193551 IMG20240523193556

I originally put heated grips on my 2007 Breva 1100 with the wire coming out like that, it broke internally about six months later. It was a bit confusing because the 2007 model year seems to have bikes with both the earlier and later styles of switchgear.

There are two styles of heated grips for these bikes, yours look like the earlier version intended for bikes without the integrated controller. The later ones have the wire coming straight down when paired with the later hand controls, I have a set of those now and they've been great for several years now.

There's a few threads here about it.

Thanks Tobinh. I saw the differences for the two right heated grip versions, the correct one for Norge is 977768, I know, but costs over 180€ for only one hand! So the choice was beetween the Oxford and these 2s000121 and so I did it.

On my Norge my grip heater elements have the same wiring as yours, which I assume is OEM on mine, and it's made it 40,000 miles and 12 years down the line and still works.

I was unhappy with the heat and feel of the actual rubber grips put on by the previous owner, so I put my sporty grip of choice on there. It was a bit of a squeeze, and hard to change the rubber on them without damaging the heater elements, and I had to use two throttle-side grips to fit right.

But I did gain more heat performance since the grips I put on were a bit thinner, and the 3 heat settings are all appropriate in normal seasonal temps. So if you're unhappy with the heat, maybe try just changing the rubber grip down the road, since it sounds like you already made the purchase. Way cheaper too!

-Mike

You did the exact same thing I did with Piaggio's heated handlebars. :D

They work perfectly, except the wiring is in the "wrong" place.

My conclusion is next. Are the original grips for the Guzzi worth €200 more than these - no, will I buy another pair so that the Breva also has heated grips - no.

Back