• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

scrublink

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Alright, so most of us have found the connector for the non-available seat. I purchased a Corbin heated seat and now that it has arrived I would like to wire it into the system. Being an electrician makes this straight forward and fairly easy. My one question is, before I chop off the OEM connector, does anyone know of a pigtail, like the BMW sourced one for the GPS? I would prefer not to chop, but I am willing and able.

Thanks

Alright, so most of us have found the connector for the non-available seat. I purchased a Corbin heated seat and now that it has arrived I would like to wire it into the system. Being an electrician makes this straight forward and fairly easy. My one question is, before I chop off the OEM connector, does anyone know of a pigtail, like the BMW sourced one for the GPS? I would prefer not to chop, but I am willing and able.

Thanks

Instead of chopping off the connector, why not splice in before the connector? That way you can hook up your seat, and still have the original connector for possible future use

Don't cut those wires! I bought the connectors on eBay. Do a search for superseal. The connector is made by Amp(now TE). EBay sells knockoffs that work great. You can use generic crimpers from Autozone if you're careful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-07-10-54-20~01.png
    Screenshot_2016-05-07-10-54-20~01.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 59
Don't cut those wires! I bought the connectors on eBay. Do a search for superseal. The connector is made by Amp(now TE). EBay sells knockoffs that work great. You can use generic crimpers from Autozone if you're careful.
Thanks for the information. Just ordered them.

Thanks
Please DO post the results here. Like...if the Corbin Seat is compatible with the Guzzi harness. I have had the Corbin on mine for about a year but I used their "inelegant" wiring harness. The Corbin harness is kind of in the way and I would love to use the stock plug...if it will run the Corbin.

Well, here are the results: Please excuse the poor photos and editing. I have never tried to document a project before.
Nicely done!
Now I have another project to do on mine...
This really is so much nicer than the "bag" thingy that Corbin supplies to cover the exposed connections.
Again Nicely Done!!

From the pdf. "Using an ohmmeter you can determine the polarity of the installed plug on the motorcycle."

Didn't you say at the start you are an electrician?

From the pdf. "Using an ohmmeter you can determine the polarity of the installed plug on the motorcycle."

Didn't you say at the start you are an electrician?
Yes, I did. I checked the polarity two ways. The first check was with the multi meter set to the Ohm position to find the side that went to earth. I double checked myself by turning on the key and verifying the other side of the connector was the "hot" side.

No. I used a voltmeter on the other terminal to check for voltage.
Technically I used a multi-meter on different settings but someone could choose to use two different meters if they wished.

Yes, I did. I checked the polarity two ways. The first check was with the multi meter set to the Ohm position to find the side that went to earth. I double checked myself by turning on the key and verifying the other side of the connector was the "hot" side.
scrublink...were you able to determine which fuse the seat is now run through? And if so, which is it? I was not able to find the "unavailable seat" fuse info...or perhaps I just didn't look in the right place.

I would try fuse 6 whose functions are listed as "Electrical socket, GPS socket, heated handgrips fuse (15 A)". I know what the GPS socket and the heated handgrips connections are, but I'm mystified about the "electrical socket". Put your test lamp on the heated seat connector, and then try pulling fuse 6 first.

scrublink...were you able to determine which fuse the seat is now run through? And if so, which is it? I was not able to find the "unavailable seat" fuse info...or perhaps I just didn't look in the right place.
I hadn't determined the circuit. When I get back to the garage this weekend, I will try to get under the seat. Kiwi Dave might be on the right track.

The power at the connector is active with the ignition switch. What I don't know is how do you control the power to the seat. Is is similar to the heated grips, multiple levels with indication on the dashboard?

The power at the connector is active with the ignition switch. What I don't know is how do you control the power to the seat. Is is similar to the heated grips, multiple levels with indication on the dashboard?
I bought the Corbin. The control is on the seat itself. Hi and Lo is all you get.

I would try fuse 6 whose functions are listed as "Electrical socket, GPS socket, heated handgrips fuse (15 A)". I know what the GPS socket and the heated handgrips connections are, but I'm mystified about the "electrical socket". Put your test lamp on the heated seat connector, and then try pulling fuse 6 first.

Thanks, I will try that and see if that is the one. I wonder if it goes through a relay first? Even Guzzi would not wire something like that direct...

We have a winner...Auxiliary fuse #6 is the correct one! Now, will a 15A fuse handle the heated grips and the heated seat...?

Back