• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello from Newbie in England

Dah-Dit

Tuned and Synch'ed
Just checking in ;)

Neil, from East Yorkshire, UK - I've just recently bought a used B1100 and lovely it is too - a bike that had been on my "next bike" list for too long. I'm not disappointed after all this time either.

Stelvio hand guards to add, hugger fitted and I've just removed the catalyst today (not had chance to feel the difference on a ride yet) - it still has the standard muffler fitted though, but I'm sure it'll make an improvement :dry:

Heard removing the airbox snorkel can make a difference on the 1200 Sport - anyone tried it on a B1100? I'm aware of the cnc airbox mod created by another long standing member - so I guess it does :cool:

Looks like a friendly, intelligent and inclusive bunch here - yet to find the level of the sense of humour............but I'll keep reading the mail to find out :D

Regards and ride safe,

Neil

Hey Neil welcome and congrats on the B11! Hope you'll register it here using the 'Registry' tab at the top of this page. Let me know direct e-mail/PM if you have any problems.

You're off to a good start with your mods... until you get handle on the fueling, the exhaust and/or any intake modification will not be fully beneficial. However, you can peak in at my PC-V/ECU/AutoTune thread HERE and post your thoughts.

There's really not a better bunch anywhere... plenty of good humo(u)r here, read on. :silly:

Speak for your self Brian, I Can too spel. :eek:

Neil, you are a man of impeccable taste - welcome to the indefineable world of the B11 brethren, a fine bunch we are even If I say so meself..

Post often and lotsa pics please, bein illiterate and all I prefer the visuals.

:D Thanks one and all.

A couple of questions - firstly, anybody got a part number for some suitable hero blobs for the footrests? My B1100 came without them and would like something other than the pegs themselves to be the sacrificial part of the bike..... I guess they'll be an Aprilia part as always.....

Secondly, anybody know a suitable switched feed under the seat to wire my Autocom up to? Will go hunting with my multimeter, but has anybody been there before?....

Finally, some breaking news.... Looks like Autocom have ceased trading :unsure:

As seen on another forum

Get any accessories whilst they're still available - look out for the liquidation sale too.

:blush:

About your autocom, the tail light is the go - You might find this thread useful. Link Here

The centre stand will scapre long before the pegs - better sort that out 1st. As you say I would have thought that Aprilia ones might fit.

Edit: told you I was illiterate :pinch:

Dah-Dit said:
:D Thanks one and all.

A couple of questions - firstly, anybody got a part number for some suitable hero blobs for the footrests? My B1100 came without them and would like something other than the pegs themselves to be the sacrificial part of the bike..... I guess they'll be an Aprilia part as always.....

Yes an Aprilla part. They are part Number AP8121134 from the 750 Breva. BTW, the pegs are high enough I don't think you will get to them (I haven't yet and don't think I will). Besides, if you don't shorten the bumper on the center stand, that will contact way too early in left handers.

Thanks Mike & John,

Part number noted. ;) The rubber stop on the centre stand is only about 1cm or 1/3" in size - would that be the shortened version? I had read that the stand tends to touch first, especially when loaded with pillion and luggage.

For what they cost, I may well get a couple anyhow - it makes your research worthwhile if 'owt [1] else. :D

[1] 'owt : Yorkshire dialect, meaning "anything"

Has anyone verified whether Autocom has really gone out of business????? I know their US distributer quit handling the product, but the last time I contacted them, they said they were looking for a new distributer.

It's still up in the air at the mo'. :?

Here's where the story began

GSRich is the member who works/worked at the Autocom factory. The story develops through the thread, but a bit more info is brought to light on Page 3. Seems redundancies have been made, the business changes management as of Friday, so they may still be in business yet - but it's all a bit fuzzy at the moment as to the company's plans/future.

Make of it as you will, but if you need parts, watch for discounts - just in case.

StormShearon said:
Has anyone verified whether Autocom has really gone out of business????? I know their US distributer quit handling the product, but the last time I contacted them, they said they were looking for a new distributer.

A very unfortunate turn of events. I need a few items - I guess better get them order ASAP, if I still can. I hope the company stays in busienss - but reading the link you provided seems to indicate a possible fire sale due to divorce?? Not good for anyone. I have had two Autocom units and they are really great.

And the other contender, Starcom, just does not get the same reviews in operation by real users. Sigh...

Back