• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello From North Western Pa!

DoubleClutch

Just got it firing!
I am the Owner of Country road Cycle's motorcycle and atv repair. I am looking into buying a 74 Eldarado Police bike from a customer and would like to get an Idea on what to offer him. It has some issues that need taken care of and will effect the price on the bike.
It has 21.000 miles on it.
Here is what is needed.
Clutch work- Slipping
Starter work- works sometime's.
Front brake rebuild and rotor replacement.
Tires on front and back.
Carb rebuilding and tuning.
Fork seals.

What else should I be looking for?
427878_434992233196194_100000562640976_1578895_1776824244_n.jpg

Check for chrome bores. At it's age and low miles, they will probably fail. Kits are available to replace the cylinders and pistons. Also you will need special tools for the fork seals and clutch work. Look here for parts and some of the tools you will need. http://www.mgcycle.com/ Here is the cylinder kit. http://www.mgcycle.com/product_info.php ... ts_id=2129 You will need two kits.

Thanks for the info and the site for parts. It runs great with plenty of power and no oil use. It also has 130 psi in both cylinders. It needs clutch work cause of slipping under hard excel. I am planning on talking to the owner of the bike to see what kind of price he is asking for it. He brought the bike buy last fall for repairs and I don't have allot of room to tair into it to find out what is needed. The way I do things cause of this is I will take $100 out of pocket toward parts and the customer pays the rest to get the parts and pays the balance when the work is finished. I know what needs replaced and it will be around $500+shipping. The problem is the customer hasn't got me any money for parts until last week. I have talked to him personalty and he has a hard time saving money and also said he would sell the bike cause he can't seem to save enough to get the repairs done in a timely manor. So to really get to the question is how much would this bike be worth in the condition it is in at this time. Thanks Greg

DoubleClutch said:
Thanks for the info and the site for parts. It runs great with plenty of power and no oil use. It also has 130 psi in both cylinders. It needs clutch work cause of slipping under hard excel. I am planning on talking to the owner of the bike to see what kind of price he is asking for it. He brought the bike buy last fall for repairs and I don't have allot of room to tair into it to find out what is needed. The way I do things cause of this is I will take $100 out of pocket toward parts and the customer pays the rest to get the parts and pays the balance when the work is finished. I know what needs replaced and it will be around $500+shipping. The problem is the customer hasn't got me any money for parts until last week. I have talked to him personalty and he has a hard time saving money and also said he would sell the bike cause he can't seem to save enough to get the repairs done in a timely manor. So to really get to the question is how much would this bike be worth in the condition it is in at this time. Thanks Greg

The reason i haven't got into it is I can't tie up my bike table for months.

Well heres a update. I bought the bike for $3100 and can't wait to get into fixing it up. As of right I am going to change the tire's and brakes and ride it. I will start on it this winter.

Back