• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello I'm new here...got my first Guzzi

Instg8r said:
I am going to make sure the valves are checked, I do know that they put in new oil as the v7 was shipped from MG with shipping oil in it. So I'm just waiting to hear about the valves and mapping.

You know WHAT? :? :? :?

I've already given my opinion on the valves (and stand by it).

But "shipping oil"?

:lol:

Factory Service Manual says NOTHING about changing oil - just checking levels as part of the PDI

V7 Stone - V7 Special - V7 Racer Pre-delivery

PRE-DELIVERY

Carry out the listed checks before delivering the motorcycle.
WARNING

HANDLE FUEL WITH CARE.

Aesthetic inspection
- Paintwork
- Fitting of Plastic Parts
- Scratches
- Dirt

Tightening torques inspection
- Safety fasteners:
front and rear suspension unit
front and rear brake calliper retainer unit
front and rear wheel unit
engine - chassis retainers
steering assembly
- Plastic parts fixing screws

Electrical system
- Main switch
- Headlamps: high beam lights, low beam lights, tail lights (front and rear) and their warning lights
- Headlight adjustment according to regulations in force
- Front and rear stop light switches and their bulbs
- Turn indicators and their warning lights
- Instrument panel lights
- Instrument panel: fuel and temperature indicator (if present)
- Instrument panel warning lights
- Horn
- Electric starter
- Engine stop via emergency stop switch and side stand
- Helmet compartment electrical opening switch (if present)
- Through the diagnosis tool, check that the last mapping version is present in the control unit/s and, if
required, program the control unit/s again: consult the technical service website to know about available
upgrades and details regarding the operation.

CAUTION
TO ENSURE MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE, THE BATTERY MUST BE CHARGED BEFORE USE.
INADEQUATE CHARGING OF THE BATTERY WITH A LOW LEVEL OF ELECTROLYTE BEFORE
IT IS FIRST USED SHORTENS BATTERY LIFE.

CAUTION
UPON INSTALLING THE BATTERY, ATTACH THE POSITIVE LEAD FIRST AND THEN THE NEGATIVE
ONE, AND PERFORM THE REVERSE OPERATION UPON REMOVAL.

WARNING
THE BATTERY ELECTROLYTE IS POISONOUS AS IT MAY CAUSE SERIOUS BURNS. IT CONTAINS
SULPHURIC ACID. AVOID CONTACT WITH YOUR EYES, SKIN AND CLOTHING.
IN CASE OF CONTACT WITH YOUR EYES OR SKIN, WASH WITH ABUNDANT WATER FOR APPROX.
15 MIN. AND SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY.
IF ACCIDENTALLY SWALLOWED, IMMEDIATELY DRINK LARGE QUANTITIES OF WATER OR
VEGETABLE OIL. SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION.
BATTERIES PRODUCE EXPLOSIVE GASES; KEEP CLEAR OF NAKED FLAMES, SPARKS OR
CIGARETTES. VENTILATE THE AREA WHEN RECHARGING INDOORS. ALWAYS WEAR EYE
PROTECTION WHEN WORKING IN THE PROXIMITY OF BATTERIES.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.

CAUTION
NEVER USE FUSES WITH A CAPACITY HIGHER THAN THE RECOMMENDED CAPACITY. USING
A FUSE OF UNSUITABLE RATING MAY SERIOUSLY DAMAGE THE VEHICLE OR EVEN CAUSE
A FIRE.

Levels check
- Hydraulic braking system fluid level
- Clutch system fluid level (if present)
- Gearbox oil level (if present)
- Transmission oil level (if present)
- Engine coolant level (if present)
- Engine oil level
- Mixer oil level (if present)

Road test
- Cold start
- Instrument panel operation
- Response to throttle control
- Stability when accelerating and braking
- Front and rear brake efficiency
- Front and rear suspension efficiency
- Abnormal noise

Static test
Static check after test drive:
- Restarting when warmed up
- Starter operation (if present)
- Minimum holding (turning the handlebar)
- Uniform turning of the steering
- Possible leaks
- Radiator electric fan operation (if present)

Functional inspection
- Hydraulic braking system
- Stroke of brake and clutch levers (if present)
- Clutch - Check for correct operation
- Engine - Check for correct general operation and absence of abnormal noise
- Other
- Documentation check:
- Chassis and engine numbers check
- Supplied tools check
- License plate fitting
- Locks checking
- Tyre pressure check
- Installation of mirrors and any possible accessories

NEVER EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED INFLATION PRESSURES AS TYRES MAY BURST.

CAUTION
CHECK AND ADJUST TYRE PRESSURE WITH TYRES AT AMBIENT TEMPERATURE

I had asked a different rep and he said that they come shipping oil in it, then I asked my rep and he said no its comes with normal oil in it from MG.

Hopefully this will ease your mind ;)

Instg8r said:
I had asked a different rep and he said that they come shipping oil in it, then I asked my rep and he said no its comes with normal oil in it from MG.

Hopefully this will ease your mind ;)

No "easing" necessary, I never had the slightest doubt as to the error of the "shipping oil" statement. :whistle: ;)

Back