• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Help finding the correct Oil Pressure Sensor replacement

SparkyMJ

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi folks, happy holidays.

After searching through the various oil pressure sensor leak threads, I am still trying to figure out the most updated sensor to use.

The sensor on my Norge 8V appears to be the one with the spade on the black sensor body plastic, so I don't think this is the original terrible unit with the nail head. I believe from searching that this part is 1D001138. The valley on my motor had a good amount of oil wetness prior to me cleaning it out, and then I noticed that the spade and plastic body of the sensor rotates semi-freely inside of the large metal hex housing you would use with a socket to tighten the sensor. I figure this is no good, and where the oil leaks come from. Here is a picture of my engine valley after cleaning it out:

Oil Sensor

It seems some various online shops have different suggested new sensors for the Norge though. Some dealer websites still say 1D001138 is the current go-to, but on say it seems they list 1D001138 as an outdated part, and to get the sensor 1A024308R. This sensor looks a bit different from the one on my bike, this sensor looks to have a brown sensor body/plastic, a space connector, and black epoxy/sealant between the brown plastic and the metal hex housing.

It also says on the product description (and hinted at by the other oil sensor threads) that there is a chance the threads on my motor could be M10 or M12. The switch 1A024308R says it has M10 threads. But it says if your engine has M12 threads, to get the "Napa" replacement sensor, that appears physically identical to the leaking unit I have on my engine currently.

Can anyone just confirm that these are the two current runner-ups for pressure sensors to use on the 1200 8V motor? Or if there is a more current or improved switch model to use? I plan on just pulling out my sensor to check the thread pitch, then ordering the best match unit and a new crush gasket. Is that the current best course of action? Seems folks on here and elsewhere have had mixed solutions over the years, and I suspect as new parts came to light, the solutions have changed as well, so I want to just check in to make sure the old threads are still the most current information.

Thank you in advance, happy holidays folks.

-Mike

Happy Holidays Mike.
You're new here, so please be sure to read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page. This is the third one today I’ve had to revise, as it’s important to read the expectations here, as well as understanding we have our (GTM) STORE tab at the top of every page above to offer you the correct products, and which help support this private website. Do not link competitor's site/hyperlinks here. They do not support us, so we don’t want to promote them here for free. I highly recommend removing your sensor and verifying the size. Ours;

Ah thank you, I was hoping to just reference the technical data of the sensor.

Is there a part number associated with the sensor you linked, for future reference?

Thank you for clarifying.

-Mike

Ah thank you, I was hoping to just reference the technical data of the sensor.

Is there a part number associated with the sensor you linked, for future reference?

Thank you for clarifying.

-Mike
First you have to determine if you have a 10mm or 12mm sensor.

To follow up, sensor worked a treat. Finally got the bike back together and out for a test ride and oil change.

I found the sensor to have what looked like an intentionally warped crush washer on it, to keep it on the threads. It didn't look exactly like the product picture, but figured it should work, so I torqued it on as per the shop book and checked the spade connector on my bike for a firm connection, and all seemed good.

No errors on startup, and a brief drop in oil pressure right after an oil change was correctly picked up by the sensor as well, so looks good!

On a side note, man, the valvetrain is quite loud at idle for the second or two when oil pressure is building after an oil change. You can hear right when the oil hits the heads, as the clattering nearly goes away. Must have a long way to get oil all the way up the galleries. I even filled the oil filter too.

Thanks for the info and product!

-Mike

Back