• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hepco Becker Engine Bars

flipper

Tuned and Synch'ed
Replacement engine bars arrived today.
They have had a small brace welded at the point where they broke before. Dont know if there are any other differences.
One thing about the brace, it is welded on one side only, I would have thought that both sides would have been welded.
Mabye anyone else who has or gets a replacement sent could verify that theirs are same as mine, as regards the brace being welded on one side only.
Cheers
John

Does it look like this?

NewBars_1.jpg

Looks the same, heres a pic showing both sides of the brace. One side welded the other not.
Is yours the same.
Untitled.jpg

Yes, just unwrapped my new bars andthey're only welded one side.
Welding both sides would probably weaken them due to the extra heat applied.
Took them bloody long enough to think that mod up eh ?
I'll go and see if they fit later.

Just found the first problem with the Becker bars, you cant re fit the plastic trim cover on the right side as the new wonder web is in the way.

Yes 6 months to come up with that little brace, hopefully makes the difference.
They must have tested it for sure.
Was the web hitting the plastic the only issue.
Cheers
John

Ok Hepco and botcher, Give up making bars for the Stelvio, They dont fit.

I also had to elongate the hole in the cross brace by 6 mm to get the 8mm screw to line up, (not too far out then).

Then you also need to make a 8mm spacer for the right side and a 14mm spacer for the left side as the cross brace is too short. Funny cause it was ok on the firstbars.

Basically I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
After six months to get it right the second time they failed.
Mine were free otherwise they would be going back with an invoice attatched for work shop time and fitting and removal charges.

That doesnt look to good.
Think I will call motobins and ask for a refund.
Dont mind having to file a hole a little bit but 6mm and having to find spacers is just not on.
Will let ya know how it goes.
Thanks for the pics.
Cheers
John

Just off the phone to Motobins.
No problem whatsoever, quick explanation and stating I was not happy with the quality was enough for them.
Even going to pick them up as opposed to me paying postage.
Thumbs up for Motobins, good customer service isnt dead.
Cheers
John

Gary
What is that broken bracket on the white backround in one of your pics.
I havent even attempted fitting mine, just getting the refund.
May not bother with engine bars, cant remember the last time I dropped a bike.
Mabye I shoundnt say things like that eh.
Cheers
John

The bracket waswthe one that holds the plastic engine cover, you need to cut it to fit !

My bars were originally sent back to Moto bins 1st week of September. I was told they would be 3 weeks. AtXmas I got p--sed off with the lack of communication so got a full refund, and ordered some Guzzi bars. Last week these bars turned up with a warrenty replacement £0 invoice. So I've decided that they are on test to see if they crack again. If they want them back they can come and get them. So far though they failed the fit test

Order some Guzzi bars, they do look good John

Get the Guzzi ones. They're strong, fit pretty well. Install was a bit of a PITA, but everything bolted up well. Just don't tighten stuff till all fasteners are started a few threads.

I just assembled the repaired H&B engine bars

they fit very well :) (luck?)

cu
bavarian

Have not tried fitting my replacements- been too busy doing jobs on the cafe racer but will let you know how I get on.

Back