• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hi from Humboldt Co

rterra

Just got it firing!
Hello all,

Randy here from way up north on the California coast. I've been loving my 2022 V7 850 Centenario. I've been riding it as often as possible and have about 8,000 miles on it. I've loved the look of Moto Guzzis since I was a kid ( now 54 ) because a family friend had LeMans. That machine just looked so cool and linear. After not riding any motorcycles for over twenty years I bought myself a Vespa GTS250 in my late forties. I put a lot of miles on that scooter and rode it hard up and down the coast. But I was feeling like I just needed more power and I was going to wear that poor thing out. So the V7 was my upgrade. I am so glad I bought this bike! It really is perfect for the kind of riding I want to do and is a great all rounder. Plus it looks really cool!

I've done one longinsh trip so far with it, taking it down the coast to the Monterey Peninsula to visit family but mostly ride around hear through the redwoods and along our amazing coastline. It is also a fun reward at the end of the work day for me to do my work related pick up and deliveries on the bike. I find the V7 really comfortable though I get a little achy after an hour on it and that is mosly me getting old. The next upgrade will be heated grips!

There have been little quirks about the bike that I have had to figure out or deal with but I kinda knew there may be some things like that before I bought it. I don't mind tinkering as that is some of the fun of owning a motorcycle. My closest dealer is about four hours away and I have only taken it there for it's first service after the wear in period. I just did the second service and inspection myself a few weeks ago and documented it.

I've added a center stand, Dart flyscreen, Givi E22N and Dolomiti side cases, and a set of Givi crash bars (the Hepco and Becker set I first bought were actually not made symetrically.) I don't plan on doing any tuning or performace upgrades to the bike. I think it really has all the power I need and sounds fine.

Anyway.... that's a bit about me and my V7. I don't plan on getting another motorcycle anytime soon.

Cheers,
Randy
Humboldt, Co.

IMG 0597 IMG 9373 IMG 9417

Randy, welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. What a refreshing read and fun story. The way things should be with your progression and appreciation. We’re close in age, but you’ll find my bio in the Dumpster Fire section. I’ve deeply lived and loved bikes my whole life now.
You sure do have beautiful country up there. I’ve only had the time to do it a half dozen times in 24 years living here in SoCal, but I have plenty of time ahead of me to look forward to doing it many more times. I always say when asked, the best ride in the country is PCH north of San Fran into Oregon.
My friend Dave and his wife own the ZenHouse(.com) in Point Arena. Look them up if you’ve never been.
I usually say enjoy the bike, but you are… so enjoy the Forum. Hope to see you here often. Hope you’ll add your in to our Registry below. Cheers.

Congratulations and Welcome!

Like GTM, I also concur that my absolute favorite road in the world is the California State Route 1.

Routinely in my younger days, I was notorious for leaving San Diego before dawn, hauling butt up the 5 to Dana Point, where I jumped on the PCH and rode like crazy as the sun was rising, to go have lunch in San Francisco. Then I would reverse course and ride it back down to home for a late supper. Those were my favorite days back then.

When freedom from responsibility presented itself, I would continue north on Highway 1, through Big Sur, my absolute favorite riding location in the world! I always wanted to own one of those homes on the cliff side that was several hundred feet above the coastline. I dreamed of going out of my garage and driveway, right onto Highway 1. Alas not being a bizzilionaire, it never happened.

Still, what an amazing location you are in! Congratulations to you. Enjoy yourself.

I also really enjoyed the Whiskeytown-Shasta-Trinity National Recreation Area. Beautiful riding with incredible scenery.

You have a perfect motorcycle for riding all of those beautiful roads. You are blessed my friend!

IMG 3913

Last edited:
Randy, welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. What a refreshing read and fun story. The way things should be with your progression and appreciation. We’re close in age, but you’ll find my bio in the Dumpster Fire section. I’ve deeply lived and loved bikes my whole life now.
You sure do have beautiful country up there. I’ve only had the time to do it a half dozen times in 24 years living here in SoCal, but I have plenty of time ahead of me to look forward to doing it many more times. I always say when asked, the best ride in the country is PCH north of San Fran into Oregon.
My friend Dave and his wife own the ZenHouse(.com) in Point Arena. Look them up if you’ve never been.
I usually say enjoy the bike, but you are… so enjoy the Forum. Hope to see you here often. Hope you’ll add your in to our Registry below. Cheers.

Good morning GTM,

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I have made a few stops at Zen House, once on my GTS and once on on the V7. Their schedule is hit and miss so half the time passing through I have arrived when they were closed. But they have a really unique business with amazing machines to work with and in an amazing location to boot! It is always a necessary stop though even to just look in the window ;)

I have one other fellow Guzzi owner that I know up here. He has what he calls his California 2.5. I introduced myself to him as I would often see his bike parked out front of his business. We became fast friends and he was impressed that I followed through with my dream of owning a new V7. He'd say that he chatted with lots of Guzzi admirers but I was the the only one that pulled the trigger. He's been a great source of knowledge and comradery. If any Guzzi riders find there way up through the Eureka area please feel free to look us up for any assistance needed or just to chat about Italian bikes!

Cheers,

Randy

Congratulations and Welcome!

Like GTM, I also concur that my absolute favorite road in the world is the California State Route 1.

Routinely in my younger days, I was notorious for leaving San Diego before dawn, hauling butt up the 5 to Dana Point, where I jumped on the PCH and rode like crazy as the sun was rising, to go have lunch in San Francisco. Then I would reverse course and ride it back down to home for a late supper. Those were my favorite days back then.

When freedom from responsibility presented itself, I would continue north on Highway 1, through Big Sur, my absolute favorite riding location in the world! I always wanted to own one of those homes on the cliff side that was several hundred feet above the coastline. I dreamed of going out of my garage and driveway, right onto Highway 1. Alas not being a bizzilionaire, it never happened.

Still, what an amazing location you are in! Congratulations to you. Enjoy yourself.

I also really enjoyed the Whiskeytown-Shasta-Trinity National Recreation Area. Beautiful riding with incredible scenery.

You have a perfect motorcycle for riding all of those beautiful roads. You are blessed my friend!

View attachment 34524

Hey there scottmastrocinque,

Thank you for the reply and fun description of your energetic younger days! Pretty adventurous and free wheeling times!

On my last trip to the Monterey Peninsula with the V7, I got to visit with a cousin I never met before that owns property just north of Big Sur around Garapata. She has a stunning view to say the least. The highlight of that visit was getting to drive her Jaguar E-Type back from lunch at Nepenthe! That was a crazy treat!

I definitely want to doe some mountain riding east of here when the when the weather gets a little warmer but not so hot. Redding area can be brutal. Weekend before last a BMW owner friend and I took Highway 36 east to 3 to Hayfork, then west on 299 back home. It was pretty chill but at least it wasn't raining. Those three roads are so beautiful!

Thank you for the welcome and have a great day!

Randy
IMG 0593
Looking north from my cousin's property.

Last edited:
Back