• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hi from Ireland

bikerdar

Tuned and Synch'ed
I would like to sayHello everyone here,
I just bought myself a 2008 stelvio 4v this is my first moto guzzi so really looking forward to collecting her from the shop hopefully on the 21st of this month if all the recalls have been done,
I,ve been biking for 27 years but only got into Italian bikes three year ago when i bought my benelli tnt and since then i have had an aprilia falco and a caponord .
look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome to the Famiglia, and congrats on owning the Stelvio! I think it is one of the best Guzzi they've built to date. I love mine. As you now know, owning most any Italian machine, it's an addiction. Congrats, and post often!

Welcome, I've a 2008 4v in black, had mine since Nov 09 and now got 17.5k mles on it.

Great bike, I've had some issues but all resolved. the main one for you in Ireland will be to make sure the speed sensor is water proofed :D

Have a read on these pages, lots of info.

GT-Rx said:
Welcome to the Famiglia, and congrats on owning the Stelvio! I think it is one of the best Guzzi they've built to date. I love mine. As you now know, owning most any Italian machine, it's an addiction. Congrats, and post often!

thanks todd,
And yes your right it's that special something with Italian machines that keeps you hooked no matter how much trouble you have with them,but other bike has it and i,ve had jap, german and american bikes and none compare to the Italians.

Campagman said:
Welcome, I've a 2008 4v in black, had mine since Nov 09 and now got 17.5k mles on it.

Great bike, I've had some issues but all resolved. the main one for you in Ireland will be to make sure the speed sensor is water proofed :D

Have a read on these pages, lots of info.

Thanks for the welcome campagman,
My bike is also black with 19,000 miles ,made arrangements to collect her on the 21st and can't wait!!!!!! :D :D :D

well i collected my bike on the 21st ,went for a small ride on saturday just to get the feel for it and i think we'll get along just fine ,
I think there,s a slight warp in one of the front discs so i,m going to check this over the holidays and does any one know how to turn the spanner symbol out on the dash?
oh the bike is telling me the mpg is 26.5 :eek: so this needs to be checked!!!!! my benelli tnt does better than that.

Assume you've got got the Stelvio handbook, then read the bit on the on board computer to get the hang of navigation. Then You'll need to enter 10695 as the code to get into the service part, then reset. There are some manual on here, check on downloads.

I git mid 20's on my first rides, remember its in USGallons so on add about another 20% to get UK (proper :) ) gallons. After a few rides you'll get the fell of the ending and how it rides.

Some photos?

thanks for the code will look into this over the holidays ,still getting familiar with how things work i believe they call it bonding :D :D
As for the mpg a few more rides out will give me a true average to work of.

Thanks guys,
I put 200 mile up the other day and found fuel reading went up to 32.3 mph ,from 30 ish mph it pulls like a train which make the gearbox redundant.
The bonding between man and machine has begun :D ,spent the last two days cleaning and sorting out niggles,checking plugs ,filters etc.....
I'm starting to see why people get hooked on these bikes,and i bet there's no know cure !!!!!!!!! :lol:

Back