• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hi from the Hunter Valley

rossw

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi,

I just bought myself an '03 750IE Breva and joined the revolution after a long absence from riding and previous experience only with Japanese bikes. My wife and I both have licenses, so while the intent is for me to use it to get to work, I'm hoping she will find it to her liking too, with the good stability and relatively low seat. If the rules allowed 750s in NSW it would be a perfect learner bike.

My 11 yo son loves riding on the pillion and finds it secure and comfy with the top box back rest behind him.

We live near Maitland in NSW and I work in Newcastle. I'm anticipating doing servicing myself unless I can find a local mechanic that knows Guzzis. Graeme Boyd Motorcycles in Broadmeadow used to sell them new, but they don't anymore, so I'm not sure where that leaves me.

Pictures will have to wait until I get the camera out.

How far are you from Pete Roper? He is in Bungendore. You can look him up in the members list, or PM him from one of his posts.

Welcome, spent a few years in Newcastle back in the late 80's. Lot's of good riding around your area. I miss living there................ sometimes ;)

john zibell said:
How far are you from Pete Roper? He is in Bungendore. You can look him up in the members list, or PM him from one of his posts.

Bungendore is at the southern end of Lake George, not far from Canberra, so he'd be about 5 hours from me. A good excuse for a ride, but a long way to transport a broken bike, should it come to that.

double.d said:
Welcome, spent a few years in Newcastle back in the late 80's. Lot's of good riding around your area. I miss living there................ sometimes ;)

I'm hoping to do a Cessnock/Pokolbin ride soon. Only ever been up there in a car, but it definitely has an appeal quite apart from all the wineries. :cool:

Unfortunately, good Guzzi mechanics are a tad difficult to find in NSW apart from Mr Roper, that is. I have been known to ride down there, get work done, a quick on at the pub and take the long way home - all in a day's ride - bloody faNTASTIC!

Hi Ross,

Unfortunately good mechanics are difficult to find anywhere. So once you get a good one make sure you give them plenty of love and liquid refreshment :)

I’ve also recently acquired an ’04 750 Breva. An excellent bike that pretty reliable, so you shouldn’t need too much attention to keep her running well. Would be a good platform on which to learn how to do most stuff yourself, rather than letting the latest 12yo apprentice service her.

(Yes I know they have to learn somehow, but not on my bike at full $$ Nothing I hate more than knowing more about a mechanical issue than the mechanic I’m paying to fix it.)

Let it be known that if thou purchaseth a late model smallblock and liveth in a climate hot thou shalt immediately send off to Ed Millich to pray favor one of his't smallblock sump extensions!

For woe is the smallblock owner who tryeth to travel distances in excess of 500Km in hot weather and checketh not their oil! Alack! there will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth and the big end bearings will protesteth with vigour as they are starved of their vital fluids! Hair will be torn out! Vast sums of money will be asked to be expended and a great darkness will fall upon the bank ballance of the negligent smallblock owner!

In sooth apart from this the smallblock continueth to pollute our roads with its ancient and unweildy architechture and it's inability to hoover up horizon at a respectable rate but this does not put off its accolytes who still insist that the horrid little shitbox is the beststest thing since sliced bread. In truth it is generally nowadays fairly reliable as long as the oil-god is mollified with the occasional offering of good quality fat. If anything decideth to shit itself it is usually major! If you get a good one the omnicient one will smile upon you as you trundle unexcitingly through the vale of tears. Keep the basic maintenance up to 'em and they wilst not smite thee! But woe betide thee if you ignore the warning signs!!!!!

Pete

pete roper said:
Let it be known that if thou purchaseth a late model smallblock and liveth in a climate hot thou shalt immediately send off to Ed Millich to pray favor one of his't smallblock sump extensions!

For woe is the smallblock owner who tryeth to travel distances in excess of 500Km in hot weather and checketh not their oil! Alack! there will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth and the big end bearings will protesteth with vigour as they are starved of their vital fluids! Hair will be torn out! Vast sums of money will be asked to be expended and a great darkness will fall upon the bank ballance of the negligent smallblock owner!

In sooth apart from this the smallblock continueth to pollute our roads with its ancient and unweildy architechture and it's inability to hoover up horizon at a respectable rate but this does not put off its accolytes who still insist that the horrid little shitbox is the beststest thing since sliced bread. In truth it is generally nowadays fairly reliable as long as the oil-god is mollified with the occasional offering of good quality fat. If anything decideth to shit itself it is usually major! If you get a good one the omnicient one will smile upon you as you trundle unexcitingly through the vale of tears. Keep the basic maintenance up to 'em and they wilst not smite thee! But woe betide thee if you ignore the warning signs!!!!!

Pete

Can I take it then you're not fond of small blocks? :lol: Thank you for the warning. I will heed your advice about the oil and check it regularly until I can get a sump extension. So far so good though. After a run two up from Maitland to Wollemi and back via Cessnock, about 250km or so involving some open road and steep hills, I did notice things getting a bit warm, but there was little or no noticeable loss of oil when I got back. Doesn't mean I won't keep checking it. One run does not a trend make. After all, I've been warned...

Thanks again
Ross

Hi Ross
Welcome to the Guzzi world of nutters.
Judging by Mr Ropers reply he had been adjusting the levels in the ye olde meade jug. :lol:
gave me a good laugh for the day.
I'm trying to wangle my next project to be somewhere in the Hunter region so we may catch up somewhere
along the road.
later Terry

Gidday Rossw
I live in Newcastle and have also bought my first Guzzi a Norge, and have been wondering were the hell to get it serviced in newcastle. I have spoken to Greame Boyd and he told me that although they are no longer the agents that they still have all the required tools and would service the norge no problems. I havn't tied him out yet so cannot comment on there workmanship.
Good to see others around here have Guzzi's

Back