• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Holiday Luggage

Paxo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Thought I'd just put up a photo of my V7C with the new bags I've managed to fit on it. Going away to the Isle of Man for 12 days next month so I need to take a fair bit of stuff.. most of which I won't wear 'cos the weather won't be what I expect! Managed to pick up this kit on sale a while ago which as well as the panniers includes a large roll bag that fits on top of the seat. All the buckles are plastic click types which make it a simple job to fit and remove as required. Some mods required as the kit isn't specific to any one bike but it's surprising how quickly you get good at cutting and sewing. Also found an old gel pad which may or may not prove useful for the trip. Going to see how it all affects the bike on a run down to the Calne Bike Day tomorrow.

Attachments

• Panniers.jpg
    Panniers.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 863
oldmanjob said:
Looking good :D Let us know how the gel pad works out. ;)

Bill

Luggage fine, gel pad bad idea! It got really uncomfortable after about 50 miles so I took it off..fine after that. Still getting around 160 miles mixed type riding before the fuel light comes on. Good day out with OK weather and a town stuffed full of bikes, music and associated entertainments, liquid and otherwise;-)

How did the gel pad get uncomfortable ? what type was it ?
I tried a sheepskin, on a tour from Toronto to California & back, and it was marginally better than the stock seat.
then I found the pads made by ButtBuffer.com.
I use the smallest one, costs about 58 $ US.
It is great, and does not add much height to the seat.
This tour was from Hamilton Ontario, to Florida, along the gulf coast, up to Kanab Utah, along the ET highway to Tonopah Nevada then on to Lee Vining & Mono Lake California.
Then back via the loneliest road in America, ( Well not anymore, thanks to National Geographic )
Currently in Pagosa Springs Colorado, having a 3 day rest before continuing eastward.
Take Care Out There

Well it's all on and I'm ready for the off. Looks a bit cosy, doesn't it? 12 days, most of them on the Isle of Man for the Manx GP...all those lovely old and proper racing bikes, not the showroom lookalikes you get in the TT! Bet it rains.

Attachments

• Loaded.jpg
    Loaded.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 687
Looks great! Where did you get the engine guard? I'm wanting one. Your doesn't look like the other one I have seen. Thanks!

Here is my luggage project (almost done!) Restoring and fitting a set of 1970's British Craven saddlebags.
New brackets made for the Guzzi.

Pics from a few days ago: fitting to the V7c - Have to take update photos ... looks like they were made for the bike!

Tomorrow, I'll post the lastest pics - have to remake a couple of lock brackets and fit the last two latches, paint and rivet the stainless steel straps.

Attachments

• IMG_0378sm.jpg
    IMG_0378sm.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0442sm.jpg
    IMG_0442sm.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 596
  • IMG_0127sm.jpg
    IMG_0127sm.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_0404sm.jpg
    IMG_0404sm.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 596
Got more work done on my saddlebags today and started mounting my cheapo cafe fairing on the bike. (more brackets have to be modified again.) Going on a trip when I get the saddlebags repainted and the trim polished!

Attachments

• IMG_0466s.JPG
    IMG_0466s.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0465s.jpg
    IMG_0465s.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 422
Hey Panderic,

I like the post on the hard bag mount. I just posted a new topic on mount & repair. Looks like I should have been using the keyword search "luggage" instead of "bags".

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

John

Just got back from the Manx GP this pm. Post some pix of a racing MG somewhere on the site. Loaded too much luggage to be fun on twisty roads. Great when I could dump it all in the hotel. Nice restoration job on the panniers. Have you got the matching top box? Hi Mr. Savage... If you haven't seen my reply, the crash bars are from the MG catalogue.

Well, the weather has cooled off here and had a few days of rain and I am almost finished on my saddlebag restore project, trying to fit a set of early 70's Craven fiberglass saddlebags onto my 09 Guzzi Classic.

Almost finished - a couple of trim pieces to redo, but the darn final coat of paint is being stubborn.

I can't seem to get the wet spray to lay down without a LOT of orange peel or frosting over... I have a lot of bad times with a lot of paints for some reason. Always takes far too much work and never seems to go the same way twice. argh.

Anyways, I cleaned up the rough looking insides of the fiberglass cases with a water based cleaner and a bristle scrub brush, then after a few days drying, a final coat of speckled 'trunk' paint - looks real good!

Meanwhile....... I drove across the border to pick up my mono-wheel trailer I ordered a few months ago.

I plan to use this small pull behind trailer next year on a camping trip if I can get it to track properly. Worried about some reports of trailers (other makes and types too) wobbling.

This one is a new Indian made copy of a 60's Czech PAv motorcycle trailer and a batch where brought into the US by the Royal Enfield importer, special order through the Enfield dealers.

The included hitch fittings are meant for a 500cc Enfield bike and will have to be modified to work. I hope I don't have to make a lot of changes.
Pics!
Upgrading the wheel bearings, fasteners and correcting any alignment problems.

I am upgrading all the lights, installing a better weatherseal and redoing the tarnished or rusty bits with stainless.
------------

Attachments

• IMG_0506s.jpg
    IMG_0506s.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0523s.JPG
    IMG_0523s.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_0524s.jpg
    IMG_0524s.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0528s.JPG
    IMG_0528s.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 311
My latest, and so far, best setup.
Small packroll for raingear, excessive linings etc, the H&B 30-liters, of course, and a "Bags Connection" /SW Motech click-on tankbag - unfortunately not very visible on any picture from this years tour de force.

P1020039.jpg

P1020056.jpg

Back