• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How do you kill a Griso??

Erm, of course. But if it really was on its side, it should never have continued to run. From what I've been told, the oil distribution system really isn't made for that, to such an extent that damage could occur in as little as 10 seconds. That's why there's a tilt sensor that's supposed to cut the engine if the bike leans over a certain angle. I know I've tipped mine at what I think was less than 45º.

Well, I suppose that if the bike was leaning inside a ditch, it could be standing on its side and at the same time not leaning enough to have the oil pump suck air or the tilt switch kill the engine.

Tested the tilt switch premise on my G11 at the weekend. Engine died pretty much as she hit the deck.

well i essentially drove in the ditch in control as i lost the corner. the bike was fairly upright and the right side and headlight took a beating from sage brush stumps. Honestly, i don't remember it running or not running and it wasn't until we got it home that i started to see the "Melted" parts. The bike wouldn't fire after that. My buddy pondered whether someone tampered with it while we were gone but it seems more likely i just left it running. Either way, its fried!

anyway, i haven't had much luck getting a response on the engine specs i need so anyone out there that's got em please shout up! :geek:

Sorry, I don't have time to go trawling through manuals to answer questions like this. Also with your CCM experience surely you can estrapolate ring gap from bore size?

Pete

sure, understood.
i actually just needed to know if anyone knew where i could aquire a real work shop manual Pete. I need torque settings for instance, my CCM experience doesn't help here.

was just asking, didn't mean to put anyone out.
C.

Only torque setting incorrect in the manual is the one for the head studs and bolts. It specifies the same torque as measured with a RTG for all six. In fact the two bolts are torqued less. I believe, But check!) that the four studs are 26 Ft/Lbs +90 +90 while the bolts are simply 26 +90.

Pete

Back