• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How far do you ride ?

What kind of riding and distances do you commonly and occasionally do ?

• Local rides and commuting 10 - 45 miles/ 16 - 75 km

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Short day rides < 100 miles / 160 km & Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Longer day rides + 200 miles / 320km only

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Multi day touring & Local rides and commuting 10 - 50 miles/ 16 - 80 km

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Multi day touring only

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • All of the above !

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • All of - Multi day touring & Long and Short Local rides and commuting

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Once the snow melts and the roads are dry/ above 50 degrees I start riding.
And living in the Black Hills of South Dakota I have everything to ride.
From Iron Moutain road to HWY 385 to tons of offroad trails.
Never dull here, gonna make it to Devils Tower this summer as haven't been
there in a few years....

Once the snow melts and the roads are dry/ above 50 degrees I start riding.

So when will that be?

Late July? :giggle:

My Lawn mower is getting long in the tooth and starting to rust through the deck in a couple of places - so I was looking at the EV's but they are Wacky priced more that twice what a ICE one would cost..
( I dont need a John Deer for 800 Sq /f of grass )
and the Batteries are like 300$ !!!

I'll be pushing this one around till it crumbles into the lawn..

Yes, the Ego zero-turn was $pendy.

We have 7 1/2 acres; 4+ in woods, the rest in grass ... OK, dandelions and the like, but it needs mowing. Just not having to go get, store, and fill a mower with fuel is a pleasant change of pace.

Depending on settings, fan speed, green stuff height, etc., etc., I can do the 3 acres on one charge. I usually recharge at about the 2+ acre mark, go eat lunch, and the Ego has recharged enough to finish.

I've had it for two years, and have noticed no degrading of batteries.

Back to the topic. I have to get the Stornello back on the road for those fleeting but fun winter days I can take it for a romp.

i-ZdkFSR8-L.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
There used to be a run for cars & bikes that I was interested in.
It was all charted out, hotels booked, support vehicles, etc. Unfortunately, that one was a bit outta my tax bracket.
London to Hong Kong.
What with the plague and the ongoing conflicts, and my old carcass, I'm gunna miss that one this time around. :(

There used to be a run for cars & bikes that I was interested in.
It was all charted out, hotels booked, support vehicles, etc. Unfortunately, that one was a bit outta my tax bracket.
London to Hong Kong.
What with the plague and the ongoing conflicts, and my old carcass, I'm gunna miss that one this time around. :(
That would be a nice ride ;)
16530DCD 60C5 4F5E 94EF 6FD3EFCB525C

I normally commute on the Centenario, approximately 35km if I take the direct route or just under 70km when I treat myself. Then the away days for me-time, longest of which on the Centenario was 547km in a day, longer than any day on my previous Tiger 800 because the V7 is just so dam comfortable.

what year or model is this one scott? i saw this on the skyway
View attachment 27870
It’s probably around a 2017 or thereabouts. It looks like mine except I have the black painted driveline for long term finish durability. (Russian metallurgy is not the highest quality.)

I cannot tell if it is a 2WD Gear Up or just the basic 1WD version. We cannot see the far side of the rear hub.

As almost assuredly when I see other Urals, I see a furry baby sitting in the car!

I love riding my dogs in our Ural. It’s one of my favorite summertime activities. I can spend the entire day with my dogs that way.

i’m 4/5 hours from the mountains. roads around augusta are flat and boring. I do most of my riding out of town.

While you are, of course correct, at least in comparison with the stupendous riding in the mountains to your north, there are, IMO, some pleasant (enough) roads near you.

I am sure you are no stranger to, e.g., the little back roads in and around Parsons Mountain, SC.

When I lived in Atlanta -- '94 - '11 -- I would take as many day trips as I could in all directions. Longer rides to the east usually required an overnight if only to avoid getting blinded by the rising or setting sun, but I had a fine time over your way when I was able to find the time.

We even looked for a bit at retiring vic. Lincolnton, Ga., as -- again, while hardly the Cherohala, etc. -- the countryside there was both bucolic and offered pleasant riding.

Come up this way sometime; grand roads right out of our driveway.

Bill

Warwoman. I think I'll start calling my wife that and see how she reacts! :eek:

One of our daughters goes by "Dell," and always enjoyed taking that road because, along the way, at the Bartram Trailhead: "Warwoman Dell Picnic Area." :clap:

another gem is 348 out of Helen to 180.

All true, of course. My brother, who rides (a Duc M/S) got tired of slogging his way from his Atlanta Midtown home to that part of the world, bought a second home in Hiawassee and keeps his Duc there. A retired Old Flatulent as I am, he reverses the usual Atlanta-blobber second-home approach, he now spends weekends in town, and the "work week" in Town County very much out of town. A day ride for him now can get to all the usual suspects without his former dreaded two-hours out and two-hour return slog. :swear:

About the only thing I miss about living in Atlanta are the roads, and not only those up north in the mountains.

In fact, that reminds me, @maverick9611 , if you responded to my earlier question, above, about the pleasant roads I recall near where you live -- instead of trekking to the high stuff -- I missed it. I enjoy tight technical riding as much as anyone, but bucolic rural roads are really what call me to riding.

Best,

Bill

P.S. Michael won't be riding much in Hiawassee just now. Tomorrow's high is 15Fº; the low, 6Fº! :eek:

One of our daughters goes by "Dell," and always enjoyed taking that road because, along the way, at the Bartram Trailhead: "Warwoman Dell Picnic Area." :clap:

All true, of course. My brother, who rides (a Duc M/S) got tired of slogging his way from his Atlanta Midtown home to that part of the world, bought a second home in Hiawassee and keeps his Duc there. A retired Old Flatulent as I am, he reverses the usual Atlanta-blobber second-home approach, he now spends weekends in town, and the "work week" in Town County very much out of town. A day ride for him now can get to all the usual suspects without his former dreaded two-hours out and two-hour return slog. :swear:

About the only thing I miss about living in Atlanta are the roads, and not only those up north in the mountains.

In fact, that reminds me, @maverick9611 , if you responded to my earlier question, above, about the pleasant roads I recall near where you live -- instead of trekking to the high stuff -- I missed it. I enjoy tight technical riding as much as anyone, but bucolic rural roads are really what call me to riding.

Best,

Bill

P.S. Michael won't be riding much in Hiawassee just now. Tomorrow's high is 15Fº; the low, 6Fº! :eek:
that’s why i like the skyway so much. i like crashing there too. twice in 2022
1 on the aprilia (slid on sheet ice)
1 on the concours (totaled)
that’s why we switched from deals gap motorcycle lodge to sanran in robbinsville. (plus you can buy beer/wine in town now)😋

that’s why i like the skyway so much. i like crashing there too. twice in 2022
1 on the aprilia (slid on sheet ice)
1 on the concours (totaled)
that’s why we switched from deals gap motorcycle lodge to sanran in robbinsville. (plus you can buy beer/wine in town now)😋
Yes on SanRan
Walgreens is right next door!
I like that they even put in a little stairway to get there from the motel.

ms. anne and randall are great!
some of the mountainrunners

Attachments

• E468EB24-65E0-4DEF-B570-A63EE0F78EEE.jpeg
    E468EB24-65E0-4DEF-B570-A63EE0F78EEE.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 12
So generally speaking based on the selections Above around 12% of the Eligible Voters could make do with an Limited Range Electric Motorcycle for Some of their riding.
A good Excuse to buy that Additional Motorcycle - And Let the Tree Hugers think what they want - I just want Another Motorcycle !
- I've caught the Scott's FLU ! :rofl:

( Even if they are Hated and some would Never own one :lipssealed: )

Back