• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How much better... my new (again) Stelvio

Garwood

Maintaining a Low Profile!
GT Contributor
I just got back from a quick trip to Malibu and GuzziTech. Remapped the ECU on my new (NOS) 2014 Stelvio.

All the way out there from my home in Wyoming I was trying to answer the question, “Why am I riding 1,200 miles, and giving this guy money, to diddle with a motorcycle that actually runs pretty good?” The ride home was the answer. What a difference!

Todd worked his electronic magic and made a really nice motorcycle into a really, really, REALLY, nice motorcycle. It’s truly amazing how these modern fuel programs can be manipulated by someone with the know how and the right equipment.

The Stelvio had a tiny bit of lean lag when you opened the throttle below 4,000 rpms: GONE! It had a nasty vibration between 3,500 and 4,000 rpms: GONE! It had a bit of a “hump” to get over transitioning from below 4,000 rpms to above 4,000 rpms: GONE! It would “hunt” a bit when cruising along at a steady speed at low power in a lower gear: NOT ANYMORE! If you were lugging along slowly in 5th or 6th gear and wanted to go faster, you had to down shift or it would just stumble along: Now you can just punch the throttle and it moves right out.

I expected that Todd would correct all of those little annoyances and he did. What I didn’t expect was a big jump in power, especially below 4,000 rpms, but I got it anyway. It’s really amazing.

I know it sounds like there were all sorts of problems with the bike but they were all pretty small. Small enough that they were more obvious once he got rid of them than before. Losing them all at once made for a big change in the way it feels. The best thing to say about it now is that the throttle response is completely predictable. It runs like it should. So thanks Todd. Another happy customer.

Gar Jorgenson

Fuel mileage has predictably taken a hit but I can't be certain how much just yet. This is a brand new motorcycle (4,300 miles as of today) and mileage was all over the board before the reflash. High of 54 (slow speed highway run with a tail wind) to a low of 33 (high speed highway run with a vicious headwind). On the ride home I was getting 35 to 41, most of which was at 75-80 MPH, lots of headwind and on the last day, rain. I think the reflash will lower the over all mileage some, but I find I'm in higher gears in any given situation so I'm not filling the cylinders as often for a given distance. The improvement in drivability is well worth the small decline in mileage. Coming over the Sierras on Highway 88 I put the thing in 5th and pretty much left it there without need for downshifting or upshifting. It can slow down into the thirties going up hill and still move out smartly when you give it throttle. It has power now below 4,000 rpms. It was running so lean before that I'm surprised it ran as well as it did. Truly, the difference between last Thursday morning and Thursday afternoon is hard to fathom unless you experience it.

Total cost? Including the trip expenses? Todd's prices are listed on his website and depend on the ECU you have. That's probably a question for him. I can tell you that if you include the trip expenses, it was a bunch. But I am really happy with it.

Warranty is a good question. I suspect that warranty issues will depend on the dealer you have. If they want to deny your warranty claim, and find out you have reflashed the ECU, they will do it, even if the warranty claim is for flaking paint or a broken muffler mount. I traded in a 2007 Norge with 36,000 trouble free miles on it and I keep up on maintenance, using good quality products. I live 350 miles from the nearest MG dealer and over 1,000 from the one I bought this one from. I am going forward with the idea that Moto Guzzi's are pretty strong machines, that from my experience with them there probably won't be many (or any) warranty claims, and that since it's unlikely MG is going to pay my travel expenses, I'll probably just fix any little problem that comes up on my own.
Garwood.

Fuel mileage has predictably taken a hit but I can't be certain how much just yet. This is a brand new motorcycle (4,300 miles as of today) and mileage was all over the board before the reflash. High of 54 (slow speed highway run with a tail wind) to a low of 33 (high speed highway run with a vicious headwind). On the ride home I was getting 35 to 41, most of which was at 75-80 MPH, lots of headwind and on the last day, rain. I think the reflash will lower the over all mileage some, but I find I'm in higher gears in any given situation so I'm not filling the cylinders as often for a given distance. The improvement in drivability is well worth the small decline in mileage. Coming over the Sierras on Highway 88 I put the thing in 5th and pretty much left it there without need for downshifting or upshifting. It can slow down into the thirties going up hill and still move out smartly when you give it throttle. It has power now below 4,000 rpms. It was running so lean before that I'm surprised it ran as well as it did. Truly, the difference between last Thursday morning and Thursday afternoon is hard to fathom unless you experience it.

Total cost? Including the trip expenses? Todd's prices are listed on his website and depend on the ECU you have. That's probably a question for him. I can tell you that if you include the trip expenses, it was a bunch. But I am really happy with it.

Warranty is a good question. I suspect that warranty issues will depend on the dealer you have. If they want to deny your warranty claim, and find out you have reflashed the ECU, they will do it, even if the warranty claim is for flaking paint or a broken muffler mount. I traded in a 2007 Norge with 36,000 trouble free miles on it and I keep up on maintenance, using good quality products. I live 350 miles from the nearest MG dealer and over 1,000 from the one I bought this one from. I am going forward with the idea that Moto Guzzi's are pretty strong machines, that from my experience with them there probably won't be many (or any) warranty claims, and that since it's unlikely MG is going to pay my travel expenses, I'll probably just fix any little problem that comes up on my own.
Garwood.

Good report
Thanks Bob

Todd flashed my ECU and I installed the PCv with auto tune. I put on a Mistral exhaust and Todd BMC air filter mod and my bike is a completely different running bike, love it, I have to agree with your description but I don't have many miles on it yet. I am really looking forward to riding somewhere just to really test it out.

Back