• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

How to clean EV fuel injectors? Also hose routing?

FlyingG

Tuned and Synch'ed
Greetings All. Not sure if my post went through the first time, so here it is again...

The gas cap on my dad's '98 EV leaked water in the tank & ruined the entire fuel system. Now, years later, I'm trying to get it going again & I can see under a microscope that the tiny mesh screens in the injectors are filled with rust-colored droplets of goo. I've tried rinsing some of it out with contact cleaners & soaking them in Seafoam, which helped a little. Still, I'm afraid of having major problems when I finally try to crank it up. What's the proper way to clean the injectors themselves? Or should I just buy new ones?

Also, I cannot figure out for the life of me how hose from the regulator to the tank should be routed. Anyone have a photo? Can't find anything useful in the manual. Thanks.

Ask around at local auto shops. You usually need to send injectors out to be properly cleaned.

Ed

Thanks all. My buddy Paul at NPR Ducati also recommended RC Engineering. I'm sending them out tomorrow.

These particular Weber injectors must have been used on zillions of bikes & cars over the years & should be easily available in the aftermarket if someone knew the application.

Any help with the hose routing?

BTW, the Airtex E7344 fuel pump ('91 BMW 318ic) at O'Reilly's is only $160.99 at the moment - yes, I need one of those, too.

FlyingG said:
Any help with the hose routing?.

Follow the factory routing. Or improve it if you can by making no sharp bends and keeping the hose away from any point where it might chafe. Pretty much just do what looks correct to you.

I just received my injectors back from RC Engineering. They look like brand new! Apparently, the entire nozzle assembly was changed out - the tips are yellow now instead of green. The tiny screen filters inside were replaced, along with all the external O-rings.

The Before flow numbers were 0 cc/min - clogged. The final numbers were about 170 cc/min with a reported Excellent spray pattern. Thing is, they only charged $26 per injector, no parts. What a deal! This was definitely the way to go.

I'm sure I'll be back looking for advice before I get this beast going again. Thanks.

Back