• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hugger..

motoinfo

Just got it firing!
A Stelvio newb here. Bought it from Scott from Texas (FrostedFlake) who has it set up beautifully. Rode it for 500 miles this weekend (loved it) and will post a ride report soon (had a GS1200 along for comparison). But to the point....in the post above (Marc from Belgium's beautiful '12 Stelvio)...he has a nice hugger on it. Who makes one for the Stelvio? I ask because I made my own mudflap for mine since rocks and debris eventually take their toll on the shock and swingarm. any info appreciated. BTW, my homemade mudflap held up perfectly on the 500-mile ride. Not bad for a mudflap cut from a $2 piece of rubber! Did the same on my BMW 650 Dakar since it has the same problem...big opening for crud to splash around.

I fitted a Skidmarx fibreglass hugger to my Stelvio when first bought it in Jan 2010. They are made in the UK but I bought mine off ebay in the US as the shipping was cheaper to Australia. The kit comes complete with 2 brackets both of which bolt onto the swingarm with rear one using one of the bevel box bolts which makes the hugger sit hard up against the torque bar and causes a bit of rattling,this bracket could be a bit longer to stop the rubbing but it would then get a bit close to the rear tyre.
On the return trip from our annual rally in September,I could hear a bad rattling sound coming into town off the freeway,this turned out to be a broken rear bracket.The large hole in the small piece of flat bar where the bolt goes through into the bevel box had sheared in half and was allowing the hugger to jump around. I had a spare bracket so fitted that but I intend to make a longer and stronger item to solve 2 problems.
But apart from that it does good job of keeping the road crap off the rear shock,but you would not want to use off road as it would not last very long at all.
The bike has now done 12,300kms with a 1,500 km trip next weekend.
Brett

Thanks for the gouge on the huggers. Will probably go with the Stucchi when all is said and done. But for now, will have to stick with the old mudflap (you can sort of see it in this pic). Small but effective. Hugger will be the way to go.

Attachments

• Mistral_3.JPG
    Mistral_3.JPG
    279.3 KB · Views: 815
motoinfo said:
Thanks for the gouge on the huggers. Will probably go with the Stucchi when all is said and done. But for now, will have to stick with the old mudflap (you can sort of see it in this pic). Small but effective. Hugger will be the way to go.

So I posted this information this morning, then went on the MG Cycle website tonight to order one, and guess what? Out of stock! Oh well, maybe they will arrive sometime before the extended range fuel tank, if that ever comes... :cry:

Bruce

EDIT - October 18, 2011 - Found out from MG Cycle that I am first in line when the next shipment of huggers comes in, and that the long range tanks are expected to start arriving in two or three weeks. Woo Hoo!

Hi all ,

The hugger on the picture is a carbon fibre hugger from Skidmarx UK. The extra costs for a carbon fibre was € 150 on top of the fibre glass price and extra lead time of 4 weeks. So for me it was OK to invest the extra money and time. Excellent service from Skidmarx.
I also had the carbon fibre hugger from Stuchi - but didn't fit nice. So I sold it on e-bay and bought the hugger from Skidmarx.
The license plate holder on the picture is from Stuchi - this fitted perfect .

Take care , Marc (Belgium)

Bravo,
Found out from MG Cycle that I am first in line when the next shipment of huggers comes in, and that the long range tanks are expected to start arriving in two or three weeks. Woo Hoo!

Not quite sure what you mean when you say that the long range tanks are coming. Are you talking about an auxiliary tank of some sort of a bolt on larger tank? Sorry...still a newb!

motoinfo said:
Bravo,
Found out from MG Cycle that I am first in line when the next shipment of huggers comes in, and that the long range tanks are expected to start arriving in two or three weeks. Woo Hoo!

Not quite sure what you mean when you say that the long range tanks are coming. Are you talking about an auxiliary tank of some sort of a bolt on larger tank? Sorry...still a newb!

It is an auxiliary fuel tank, which is manufactured by Stucchi Luigi and imported by MG Cycle. It bolts on under the right side frame rails towards the rear of the bike and is plumbed into the existing tank. There are several threads on GuzziTech dealing with the auxiliary tank issue. It is supposed to add about another 14 litres of fuel, boosting the total Stelvio fuel capacity from 18 litres to about 32 litres. It has been out of production since the spring, as Stucchi wanted to make some changes to it. The new version is supposed to be arriving very soon.

Bruce

Back