Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Amidst the global dilemma, we’re offering free shipping in the U.S. now EXTENDED through Monday (4/6). Use COVID-19-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone, stay healthy, and please be helpful to those who aren’t.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Hydraulic Clutch Adjustment for Stelvio and Others, Better Shifting

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by leafman60, Mar 16, 2015.

1. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

Why don't u just remove the guard. It is one bolt and then the mirror twists off. Since u have the stock mirrors just need to unplug them. Should be able to get to the connector behind the side fairings without removing them.

You may cause damage and will probably take u longer short cutting it. The lever should be removed from the bike to do it properly. Only on screw for the lever but pretty sure it will be impossible with the guard on.

Trust me on this one. I have learned on many occasions that shortcuts always have a drawback. I usually always manage to damage or scratch something not related to job I am doing so have learned to be patient and do it right the first time. Less swearing and easier on the wallet in the long run.

2. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Cruisin' Guzzisti

Can't get enough perpendicularity with screw driver to remove screw. Nut came off easy, but screw must have thread lock on it. Guard will have to come off. Not happening on a work week night :snooze:

3. Bonaventure

Bonaventure Cruisin' Guzzisti

What size allen does the grub screw take I don't seem to have the right size.