• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I’m hooked.

dldvs

Just got it firing!
Last week I rode my first motorcycle: a 2018 V7 III Milano. Riding was just so fun, the Moto Guzzi an absolute blast to handle, but what meant the most to me was getting to do these “firsts” with my dad.

My dad recently got back into riding motorcycles last year and told me to get my license so we could ride together whenever I get to visit him. He bought a second motorcycle a couple months ago, the Milano, and let me ride it when I visited him over Christmas.

Well I got back to California a couple days ago and went straight to a Moto Guzzi dealer in San Jose and bought a brand new 2022 V7 850 in Nero Ruvido.

The dealership is doing the PDI on it and I will pick it up early this week! Here are a couple of pics of it I snapped at the dealership.

Regards,

Daniel

E28D93E9 2D19 49BE AF98 C5850DCFB0C2

Awesome bike, so I’ll have to rent one when I come to Ca, we'll explore some sonic roads. Glad I got to be the one with you on your first ride!!
Nothing better than father and son riding together.

No, like almost all bikes these days no M-G comes with a mainstand as standard. The good news is that there is one available as an optional extra and there is also an aftermarket one.

Congrats on your bike and riding with your dad.
I got back into riding after my son bought his first bike and its been a great experience.
We are currently planning our trip to Daytona Bike week

Congrats.

One never forgets one's first ... well, anything ;) -- with motorcycles being at the top (or at least near the top :giggle:) of that list.

My first motorcycle was a brand new 1965 Yamaha 60cc "Riverside." I was 18. My riding instruction was the dealer pointing out the all-new-to-me controls and launching me into urban traffic ... well, such as it was in downtown Owensboro, Kentucky. :eek:

But, Holy Fecal Matter, that was exciting. :party:

Savor your time with your dad, Daniel; those memories last even longer than those of motorcycles.

Bill

Thank you for the comments all. Really looking forward to getting to know my Moto Guzzi and this community!

In the early 1950s, in New York City, my parents were adamantly opposed to my having a motorcycle as it did not suit the "image" they wanted me to project. Nonetheless,, in 1953, they agreed that I could buy a tiny, 1944 British "Excelsior" ex-war dep't paratroop scooter with the ever-popular Villiers "Junior Deluxe" two stroke engine and a single speed with a thumb-operated clutch. Soon after I got it ($50) a friend of my mother's said, "I see Ralph has a little motorcycle" and my mother said, as I stood nearby, "It's a stage Ralph is going through".

My 2004 Breva 750 is my 87th motorcycle in my 86 years. Long "stage", mother.

Ralph

As a dad of three, your story reminds me to really think through what I say to (and about) my kiddos.

Having said that, your first scooter sounds super cool Ralph. Do you have any pics?!

Daniel

In the early 1950s, in New York City, my parents were adamantly opposed to my having a motorcycle as it did not suit the "image" they wanted me to project. Nonetheless,, in 1953, they agreed that I could buy a tiny, 1944 British "Excelsior" ex-war dep't paratroop scooter with the ever-popular Villiers "Junior Deluxe" two stroke engine and a single speed with a thumb-operated clutch. Soon after I got it ($50) a friend of my mother's said, "I see Ralph has a little motorcycle" and my mother said, as I stood nearby, "It's a stage Ralph is going through".

My 2004 Breva 750 is my 87th motorcycle in my 86 years. Long "stage", mother.

Ralph
Good story Ralph. You must be "RalphG" from the Enfield forum. I was a regular there as "Jack Straw' until I bought my V7III.

Last week I rode my first motorcycle: a 2018 V7 III Milano. Riding was just so fun, the Moto Guzzi an absolute blast to handle, but what meant the most to me was getting to do these “firsts” with my dad.
My dad recently got back into riding motorcycles last year and told me to get my license so we could ride together whenever I get to visit him. He bought a second motorcycle a couple months ago, the Milano, and let me ride it when I visited him over Christmas.
Well I got back to California a couple days ago and went straight to a Moto Guzzi dealer in San Jose and bought a brand new 2022 V7 850 in Nero Ruvido.
Daniel, warms my heart to see and hear stories like this. History in the making. Congrats to you and your Dad. Welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia. I've copied your post and most of your photos to the Registry page. Hope you'll add your VIN# and the rest there when it arrives.

My lovely Breva 750, I love the 3-color paint from the factory.

Upgrades include:
Full Race Tech forks upgrade
Ikon shocks
Sump extender for increased oil capacity
Kaoko throttle position holder
Brembo 15mm front brake master cylinder
Center Stand
Yamaha "Bolt R" fork gaiters (fitted after photo taken and the only upgrade I did)
All metal fuel filter and upgraded lines
MPH starting upgrade kit
Hepco & Becker color matched 30L hard bags
Mistral exhaust crossover pipe

My only complaint with the Breva is that at somewhere north of 450#, it's a bit heavy for me to manage. I weigh under 1/3 of the bike's weight and am not happy in stop and go traffic on it. Fortunately, I live in rural Texas and that isn't often a high traffic location.

The Breva has only 15K miles (I got it 20 months ago with 13K) and has always been fueled with non-ethanol gas. This is quite important with several of the Guzzi models of this era as they used plastic fuel tanks which deformed a bit when used routinely with ethanol fuel, which also would cause swelling and breakage of the metal/plastic fuel filter with the result of dropping fuel pressure to zero. I and former owners have/had access to nearby gas stations which offer 90 octane non-ethanol fuel. When necessary, ethanol fuel may be used but should not be retained for longer periods of storage for bikes with non-metal tanks.

The Breva competes with my use of a much-modified 2017 Honda CB-500F which among other things has been lightened and lowered, and a 2021 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650, which has proven totally reliable, unlike Bill Meyer's now gone Enfield, which was an incurable headache

Remember, "You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old. You got old because you stopped riding motorcycles".

Ralph

Attachments

• IMG_2081.JPG
    IMG_2081.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 4
Daniel, warms my heart to see and hear stories like this. History in the making. Congrats to you and your Dad. Welcome to the GT Forum and Guzzi Famiglia. I've copied your post and most of your photos to the Registry page. Hope you'll add your VIN# and the rest there when it arrives.
Thanks, I sure will!

Back