• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I need a lift - bike lift that is

mwest

Tuned and Synch'ed
Even though my Cali has a centerstand, it doesn't get the bike up enough to get the rear wheel off making for all kinds of fun. After dropping it once and coming close a second time, I really think I need to invest in a lift or jack to make things easier.

Basically I want something easy to use without assistance and that is portable. I don't have room for one of those long full length lifts either.

Something that doesn't cost a bloody fortune also a plus.

All suggestions welcome...

In a pinch.....use a piece of a 2x6 longer than the width of the center stand.
first, wrap a bungee, ziptie, or pantyhose around the front brake lever after pulling it in, so the bike doesn't try to roll forward.

Put the bike on the center stand, and then tip it to one side, just enough to push the wood under the foot on one side, then do it the other way. You can use one piece of wood, or one for each foot. That will safely raise your rearwheel so it will slide out from the swing arm. If it still isn't enough, you can add more wood. An assistant in a sequined bathing suit works well here.

The cheapest actual jack would be one of those little screw-type scissors jacks from a junk yard, or your neighbor's car, used with a piece of wood on top of the jack.

You do not want one of these:
http://customchopperbuilderstoolbox.com/pro432987.html
The Guzzi C-G is not over the center of the lift so the rear wheel stays planted while the front heads for the sky. And being Chinese, the hydraulic cylinder leaks down overnight. Ask me how I know!

I made a lift out of some scrap 1 1/4" square-section steel tubing I had laying around and it works great, and can be easily used when I return from a ride without having to get off the bike. It looks something like the following and it fits under my rearsets:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYC ... ccessories
I'm not endorsing this product, just saying that they are really easy to make. I would not trust this particular aluminum lift, but YMMV.

Mark, with some adaptation, either Sears version below works quite well. The write-up, (with missing pics, sorry) HERE.

$119
lg+sm+honda_magna+right.jpeg.jpg

-OR-

$199
CRAFTSMANYELLOWJACK.jpg

Back