• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

I Want the Name of the Guy Who Designed ...

Bill Hagan

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
... my Norge's air box.

So I can make a voodoo doll in his image and stab it daily. :devil:

Reassembling my Norge after many tasks under the tupperware, and had been dreading getting the air box and its hoses in place and connected.

The experience did not disappoint. :swear: What an unmitigated PITA. Does it really have to be this fornicating hard? :mad:

Not my first air box rodeo. The EV's isn't fun; don't recall doing the Ballabio's; have yet to pull the Griso's; and this was probably my third or fourth time with the Norge's.

Have to say it was (a very little) bit easier with the new hoses I bought for this service session, but no matter what technique or products (usually silicone) I use, it is an unmitigated struggle. :punch:

If anyone has broken the code on this aspect of wrenching a Norge, please share your secret.

But, it's done, and I'm having a celebratory bourbon to celebrate.

I'll be at a "Greatest Generation" uncle's funeral for a day or so, but when I come back, I can start reattaching ( and cursing) the plastic.

Lordy, even with the #$%^ air box and maddening tupperware, I do love the beast. :inlove:

i-sJ22WNV-M.jpg

i-rBFhRrw-M.jpg

Bill

Last edited:
The secret I believe is too place the airbox in really hot water so it becomes more pliable for a while.

It's been a while since I've dealt with a CARC airbox, I tend to avoid removing them (once bitten twice shy). But when I do, I intend to follow this advice.

I think at the factory all is assembled and the frame is lowered on last!! At least it seems that way when you try to work on the darn things. I do like Kiwi's idea. In the summer I could just set one out for a little wile in the Alabama heat to have the same effect.

I hope never to have to remove the airbox but one thing I have noticed on this 2012 Norge is a lot of the plastic has been redone to make working on the bike easier. Removable flat panels on either side of the inner fairing so the dash can stay in place. You can remove the left lower side without removing the right side then the center lower cowl first. Several other minor things but appreciated. I'm sure when I do the rollerization I'll be making a voodoo doll myself.

I've had mine off a couple of times (2006) and found it easier the second time. Mine did come up through the frame tubes with a bit of wiggling. The worst bit was the oil drain tube, lose that and it's a pig to thread it up again.

Why Bill, you just need to practice more often! A few years ago, I had a dream (well a nightmare actually) that my bike caught on fire because of the fuel lines. It upset me so much, that I went out and purchased a new fuel line and put it in before I went on a rally.

I took 65 minutes from go to whoa, which I thought was pretty darned good. What I took away from the effort was that re-assembly needs a firm hand (just like an errant child) and it all comes together quite well. Glad you got yours together, and are well rewarded with your tipple of choice - celebrations are always good.

No incidents for me on that rally, but a mate of mine had his bike burn to the ground because of a fuel leak. Kinda spooky...

Well Bill, I'm glad you got it back together! My Norge airbox re-assembly stories are not fit to print, so let's leave it at that.
Oh well, just a hint...K-Y Jelly next time ;-)

a squirt of WD40 does wonders in all of the rubber/plastic areas, and lets them "move" easily so you can wiggle it into place. Also we have a product called Armorall over here, which provides treatment for plastics and does the same.

So, now you are spoiled for choice - or which one or the other you want to swear (cuss/expletive) at!

Back